Posted 17 Feb 2023, 1:13 pm
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
- Fully remote, UK time +/− three hours only
- No recruiters please
What we do
DebugBear helps companies monitor and optimize the loading speed of their websites. We run continuous performance tests, generate detailed technical reports, and send out alerts when there's a problem.
Our users are a mix of developers, technical SEOs, and business owners.
- Be responsible for most of the development work on our product.
- Consider user experience, implementation costs, and maintainability
- Take on a variety of technical tasks and complete them successfully, sometimes in the absence of established processes
- Be mindful of customer needs to understand and challenge requirements and solutions
The current team consists of the technical founder and one part-time developer. In this role you'll have a significant impact on the codebase and product.
Working at DebugBear
- We value building a stable product that doesn't break unexpectedly, especially not outside work hours. That means working with proven technologies where possible, writing automated tests, and setting up monitoring to detect problems early.
- While there is some flexibility with work hours, this is not an asynchronous role. Frequent communication is expected.
- Collaboration is mostly through Slack and GitHub issues. We usually have 3 to 4 calls a week, though that's pretty flexible.
Here are some of the technologies we use:
- Node, TypeScript, Express
- Postgres, ClickHouse
- React, Webpack, Sass CSS
- Jest, Puppeteer
- Google Cloud
- Introductory call discussing the role and your experience
- Technical interview (Live coding task)
- Final interview (Mostly technical questions)
- Reference check
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with React, SQL, Continuous Integration
You will most likely have experience working for a small business.
- Budget: $120,000 - $140,000 per year (UK salary £75,000 - £90,000)
- Fully remote
- 28 days paid days off per year
Please mention the word **BRILLIANTLY** and tag RMzUuMTY1LjE3MS4yMjY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMTY1LjE3MS4yMjY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok