Posted 15 Feb 2023, 5:11 pm
Crypto Attorney at SFOX
sFOX is a full-service prime dealer uniting liquidity from over 30 exchanges and OTC desks in one easy-to-manage platform. sFOX's platform provides traders with best execution services from a single account, a single counterparty, and a single workflow — giving traders greater capital efficiency. Its smart order router algorithmically routes traders to the most competitive prices worldwide, reducing slippage and improving trade performance across immense scale.
sFOX is committed to the highest standards of investor protection and reliability. The platform is SOC 2 certified and provides access to the market 24/7 with 99.99% uptime. Founded in 2014, the company is backed by Social Capital, Digital Currency Group, Khosla Ventures, DHVC, Haystack, Blockchain Capital, Y Combinator, and executives from PayPal and Airbnb.
We’re on a mission to open the world’s financial markets to everyone and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing team.
About the Position
sFOX is seeking a highly motivated result-oriented Crypto Attorney to join our legal team. This position will require advising on securities regulations applicable to the sFOX's products and services while assisting in structuring complex financial products in the crypto space. Ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in securities law, either at a law firm or in house.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise on applicable securities law issues, including but not limited to the company’s trading and custodial activities
- Assist with securities related structuring, negotiating and other aspects of public and private transactions
- Work on corporate governance matters, including assisting in the preparation of certain corporate policies
- Prepare, review and negotiate a diverse range of agreements common to the industry
- Work closely with other functional area teams to provide legal advice as needed
- Provide advice in a wide array of practice areas and special projects as needed
- Keep current on industry-related laws and regulations and creating or modifying policies and procedures based on such developments
- Work collaboratively with company management, colleagues and various business units to support corporate activities
- Provide risk management and mitigation counseling
- Apply legally sound and commercially realistic legal advice to balance legal risk, compliance, business and operational objectives and resources to Company transactions
- Coordinate with the General Counsel and legal team to manage legal risk and Company strategy
- Provide high quality, timely and practical legal advice and guidance, and identify/resolve critical legal and business issues arising from all areas of the organization
- Maintain corporate policies across the organization, managing updates as the laws and regulations change
- Licensed attorney with 5 to 10 years of experience in a leading law firm (securities law department) and/or in-house experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including experience coordinating with cross-functional teams, as well as providing sound business and legal judgment, and strategic and analytical thinking
- Self-motivated, practical, and interested in working on a wide range of legal matters to lead the Company on legal implications of its business strategy
- Experience working with all levels of management and key business stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate legal risks to executive leadership and senior management
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work with a team to meet critical deadlines; flexible and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
sFOX is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Please mention the word **APPRECIATES** and tag RMzQuODIuMTE1LjExNw== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuODIuMTE1LjExNw==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok