Posted 27 Jan 2023, 7:10 pm
Search Engineer at Brave
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave Search is looking for talent to make search.brave.com better. Your work will impact the future of search to be used by millions of people. Brave search engine is fully autonomous and independent with its own ranking, crawling and indexes, aiming to offer a true alternative to Microsoft and Google. Plenty of challenges, if that triggers you and feel you can contribute, do not hesitate to apply.
- Anywhere (but there must be a sensible overlap with CET working hours)
An ideal candidate will have a mix of skills that include the following,
- If you never built a parser for raw html or microdata, this position is not for you.
- Knowledge on Machine learning and classical information retrieval
- Algorithmic mindset
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Familiarity with AWS environments
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- Can do attitude, team is, and will be small
Example of onboarding tasks:
- Traverse wikipedia articles (millions) to extract a comprehensive list of authors with their works, given the predicate author, return all subjects and objects.
- Find near-duplicates results based on content at query-time
If you think this is too much for an onboarding, this is not for you, if you think this is doable and interesting, please apply now.
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
LinkedIn | Glassdoor | brave.com
Please mention the word **RESOURCEFULNESS** and tag RMjA5LjIyMi4yMS42Mg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjA5LjIyMi4yMS42Mg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok