Posted 24 Jan 2023, 8:00 am
iOS Engineer at Qonto
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
The mobile engineering team at Qonto currently has over 70 highly skilled engineers distributed in cross-functional teams, who come from all over the world, working closely to shape the best business finance solution app.
👩💻🧑💻As an iOS Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Develop new features. You will work on critical features (both architecture and UI) for our end users.
• Collaborate with back-end team, designers, and product managers.
• Solve challenging real-time synchronization problems.
• Maintain a high level of quality. You will implement continuous refactoring and unit testing to constantly improve the codebase.
• Improve technical solutions. You will make your work very scalable, strongly robust, and highly secured.
• Share knowledge. You are willing to participate in the development of our internal tools.
Our app is 100% written in Swift and based on MVP and Coordinators architecture. Our CI is composed of Gitlab, Firebase (distribution, Test Lab), Bitrise, and Sonar.
• A high focus on tech quality is done :
• Using Clean Code / SOLID principles
• Investing effort on tests: +7000+ units tests, +500 UITests, Snapshot tests
• Following a component approach, using our design system.
Want to know more about the mobile team's performance indicator? Click 👉here 👈
🧠 What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
💳 Cards: the team responsible for building all the functionalities around Qonto credit cards. For example, the cards order flow, the cards settings screens, the insurance page.
✈️ Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
💶 Spend Management: the team building seamless workflows for employees to make payments and for finance teams to manage expenses.
📊 Dashboard: let clients monitor their relevant financial activities.
🧮 Bookkeeping: Provide a Bookkeeping solution that saves our clients time while ensuring control over their accounting requirements (e.g. receipts, vat, accounting records)
💹 Pricing: Provide transparent price plans and information on billing and consumption
🌎 Transfers: Pay and be paid by checks, SWIFT, SEPA transfers as fast as possible by anyone at a fair price
✅ Lately the team has worked on:
• Giving access to a new Organization role, the Manager. Managers are allowed to have their own account and can manage the expenses for their team
• Admins can fine-tune access rights for their Managers and Employees
• We revamped our price plans and provided the ability to compare and switch plans from your app
• Admins have more and more options to control the usage of their team credit cards (limits per day, per amount, per merchant)
• We completely rebranded our applications
⭐️ What you can Expect
• Work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Build and improve features used by 220K+ clients across Europe
• Participate in the decision-making process, based on qualitative/quantitative data.
• Keep learning and improving: 4 weeks dedicated to specific training, budget for 1 conference every year and for books, online training..., and practices showcasing continuous improvement.
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (Internal and external talk, Weekly meetings, Tech Monthly) and the community (articles, Meetups)
🤝 Your future Head of
Your Head of will be Guillaume who is in charge of the Mobile team.
• His Background? Coming from a Software Engineering background, Guillaume started to nurture his mobile practices +10 years ago. Over the past years, he worked in the music streaming industry and then on building a marketplace for homeowners and tradespeople for some London-based startups before joining Qonto. After 6 months as an Android developer, he seized the opportunity to build and lead the mobile team.
• What does he bring to the team? Together with the Mobile leads, Guillaume continuously improves the team’s operating system to reduce waste, reach top quality in our product and grow team members towards proficiency.
• Experience: You have strong experience as a mobile engineer with a strong background in the iOS development lifecycle.
• Mastery: You have strong development experience in Swift and a good understanding of the iOS SDK.
• Problem solver: You are pragmatic and solution-oriented.
• Make an impact: You want to build a product that is used by thousands of companies, in a fast-growing environment.
• Best Practices: You work in an organized manner with test coverage (XCTests, FBSnapshots), and other best practices.
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer.
• Team player: You have good communication skills and you know how to work with a team.
• Languages: You are fluent in English
"If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”!\n
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed
Office & Team Life
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- Flexible Remote Policy
- 22 days off + 32 hours of ex-festività
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
To learn more about us:
Please mention the word **SUFFICE** and tag RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok