Posted 23 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Protocol Engineer at Golden
Golden is looking for talented Protocol Engineers to help us build a new decentralized protocol for canonical knowledge.
Our vision is to create a decentralized knowledge graph protocol that maps 10 billion entities and the public knowledge surrounding them. The world is lacking a decentralized graph of canonical knowledge that is open, free, permissionless and incentivizes contributions to the graph.
As an early team member, you will be working in a startup environment with high autonomy and a rapid development pace. This is a great chance to work on a fundamental token and new Web3 protocol. Your work will result in a new way data is valued, handled, and exchanged across the globe.
We are a globally distributed remote team working in time zones between San Francisco and Prague. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an early stage startup and build a world changing product.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop a core Web3 protocol for a knowledge graph.
- Enable community of crypto-enthusiasts to contribute to the universal graph of knowledge.
- Connect crypto-incentivized AI to a novel knowledge graph API.
- Retrofit Web3 UX into Golden.com.
- Build dApp versions of Golden data entry tools and work on the front lines of a new decentralized knowledge graph.
- Create greenfield dApps connected to multiple blockchains.
Skills We Need
- Ability to handle UX experiences that accommodate the unique concerns of blockchain.
- Experience building full stack applications and blockchain based products. You are comfortable designing, developing and deploying features from beginning to end.
- Experience with code interacting with blockchains.
- Experience with blockchain based Dapps.
- Experience building on blockchains such as Ethereum, Polkadot, Near, Dfinity, or Solana.
- Strong understanding of smart contracts with a passion for producing secure, economically efficient, auditable, and readable code.
- Experience working with Solidity (or otherwise) and libraries e.g. web3.js or ethers.js.
- An awareness of contract security best practices.
- Concern over the financial implications of your code.
- Experience with smart contract tooling e.g. Truffle, Hardhat, or OpenZeppelin.
- You desire to work closely with various Web3 layers and have experience with IPFS and Arweave.
- Scaling dApp transactions using side-chains, bridges, and ZK-rollups.
- You enjoy reading white-papers and have a broad knowledge of mechanisms across white-papers.
- You voted in a DAO or are participating in one.
- Experience with distributed file storage systems.
- Experience with EVM side-chains (Polygon, Celo, etc.) and cross-chain bridges.
- You relish the opportunity to take ownership and build something great.
Golden is venture-backed by a16z, Founders Fund, Gigafund and other top tier investors, and is led by Jude Gomila, a founder of Heyzap (YC ‘09, acquired for $45 million in 2016) and investor in over 200 startups. To learn more about Golden visit us at https://golden.com and https://golden.xyz check out our blog https://golden.com/blog or join the conversation at @Golden
Please mention the word **OPENNESS** and tag RMTkwLjIwNi4yMjcuNzE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTkwLjIwNi4yMjcuNzE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok