Posted 18 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Lead DevOps Engineer Metaverse Solutions at Improbable
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
You will be part of the Metaverse Solutions group, the premier organisation for servicing and solving the problems of our metaverse. You will be working alongside experienced game developers familiar with all aspects of the game development lifecycle, including production, art, design, technology, and operations. You will be working with notable names from the industry who are our partners and customers. As this is a growing area of Improbable, you will be directly involved in shaping both the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched.
- Own the entire process of software development and the overarching technical delivery plan within a given customer project.
- Own the design of our development infrastructure and interface with other groups within Improbable to keep the customer project running smoothly.
- Expected to give and organize consistent and constructive critique on the code quality and tools within the customer project.
- Own the discipline-specific expectations of the software team and ensure they are being delivered upon.
- Drive the team to create consistent, high-quality code/tools in industry-standard timelines.
- Proactively engage in creating world-class, scalable teams that can innovate both technically and experience-wise.
- Lead technical innovation in the metaverse experience space, helping industry-leading brands and IP engage with their community in innovative ways never seen before.
- Push the state-of-the-art practices for DevOps, enabling out customer projects to service the latest innovative experiences in the most reliable and efficient manner possible.
Why you are made for this
- You are experienced with managing senior and junior programmers across multiple engineering disciplines(e.g. rendering, gameplay, networking, engine, tools, etc.), enabling them to excel and improve both themselves and the team around them using methods such as coaching, tutorials, and other important documentation.
- You have demonstrated excellent communication skills with an inspirational drive and the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- You lead by example, displaying a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry-standard software engineering processes. Through your work, other engineers understand and adopt best practices.
- You proactively identify issues and propose solutions that improve our software development processes.
- You are an Expert in a DevOps Engineer skill set (e.g.: source control, CI, bug tracking, automated testing, etc…) with successful projects that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- You are excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve the software development process build pipeline.
- Experience with, or an understanding of Perforce (preferable).
- Experienced with any popular cloud hosting provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) (preferable).
- You are skilled in one or more common scripting languages (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc)
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge, and skills that make each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences in this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Please mention the word **HARMLESS** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok