Posted 18 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Senior UI UX Artist at Improbable
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting a Senior UI UX Artist to help MPG deliver the best possible Game User Interfaces to our clients. Are you driven mad by certain design choices: the colour choice for that button, or the positioning of it? Font choice, alignment and kerning? Hate it when they put a handle on a door that you have to push? If these little things make you tick, then this may be the role for you.
You will work alongside the UI lead, collaborating closely with the game designers, UX design, our global art team and production teams to deliver world class work and continue our drive for improvement in service and quality.
You’ll be an advocate for great communication in User Interfaces. Sharing knowledge on the subject and contributing improvements to our processes. You’re a skilled artist/graphic designer, with a good understanding of Core Game and Meta Game design and the technical challenges of development for UI.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating professional UI experiences. Focussing on the development of excellent UX design, visual layout and concept
- Organising and reviewing play-test of user interface prototypes and final in-game UI.
- Iterating on playable game flows so that all stakeholders can get a feel for the UI before any expensive implementation is conducted.
- Creating basic motion graphic mockups to illustrate complex interactions.
- Communicating with stakeholders, extracting requirements and advising solutions
- Leading by example, setting benchmarks, style guides, high quality standards, workflows, documentation and approvals
- Reporting for internal and client needs
- You’ll keep one eye on the future - research, evaluate and propose practices that keep us on the cutting edge!
What we'll need from you:
- You’re stylistically diverse, organised and precise.
- You have a deep understanding of the roles and workflows of an UI art team, how an art team and the wider development team operates and integrates and supports with those workflows
- You’re a fantastic Graphic Designer with a good knowledge of art theory
- Expert knowledge of User Interface theory and practice - terminology and best practices
- Expert knowledge of typical UI and graphic design tools and a general knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- Ability to create and present high level documentation, style guides, ideation, etc
- Ability to advise team members on UI production matters - solid experience with production tools like Jira
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
What would help:
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working on several projects concurrently
- Experience of direct communication with clients
- UI concept art and White Box Wire Framing experience
Please mention the word **THOUGHTFULLY** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok