Posted 18 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Technical Director at Improbable
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing?
- Architect, design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Plan and execute delivery of projects within their unit/client base
- Support the CTO as required on technical discussions with prospective clients
- Willingness to dive in to a number of areas including but not limited to gameplay, AI, UI, Multiplayer, Core Tech as and when required
- Lead a team of Lead, Principal, Senior and non-Senior Engineers, with responsibility for performance management and development/pastoral care ensuring exceptional level of service to our clients
- Providing support/input to the People Team on HR initiatives relating to the MPG People Plan
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in MPG and our clients development process
- Other duties as assigned
What we will need from you?
- A experienced Technical Director or Lead Engineer with at least five shipped games
- Professional experience in the architecture of multiplayer game development
- Experience in leading a small team on a number of shipped games with at least two or more as Lead
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience of supporting HR initiatives including development discussions, interviewing and performance management
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4 or UE5), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Confidence in front of clients and the ability to answer technically challenging questions in prospective client negotiations
Please mention the word **INVULNERABLE** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok