Posted 18 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Lead UI Artist at Improbable
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting a Lead UI Artist to help MPG deliver the best possible Game User Interfaces, Motion Design, OSD and HUDs to our clients. You will work alongside the art/animation leads, closely with the game designers, UX design, our global art team and production teams to deliver world class work and continue our drive for improvement in service and quality.
A confident, enthusiastic leader, you are an advocate for the UI team both internally and to clients. With a passion for helping teams work at their best, you will drive working practices, set high standards, mentor your team and support the craft Leads and wider art team - helping to establish processes, approvals and internal, outsource and client facing communication. A skilled artist/graphic designer, you also have a good understanding of Core Game and Meta Game design and the technical challenges of development for UI.
This is a perfect opportunity for the right person to have a high-level view of project ambitions and play a pivotal role in their development.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the creation of professional UI visuals through its various stages of development. From UX design - visual concept - implementation - animation - to final polish and effects
- Assisting with the recruitment of additional UI specialists to grow an expert UI solution to help you on your quest
- Communicating with stakeholders, extracting requirements and advising solutions
- Leading by example, setting benchmarks, style guides, high quality standards, workflows, documentation and approvals
- Getting hands on with production - Identifying, Estimating and Prioritising work, by logging tasks, tracking and reporting on progress
- Help and mentor team members in day-to-day work and professional development.
- Reporting for internal and client needs
- You’ll keep one eye on the future - research, evaluate and propose practices that keep us on the cutting edge!
What we'll need from you:
- You have extensive experience working with Game Teams and specifically Art & Creative Directors, UI Artists, Motion Graphic Artists, UX Designers, VFX Artists, Illustrators and Game Designers in developing GUI and Game Title Presentation.
- You’re stylistically diverse and know what it takes to be world class in a range of games and platform genres
- You have a deep understanding of the roles and workflows of an UI art team, how an art team and the wider development team operates and integrates and supports with those workflows
- You’re a fantastic Graphic Designer with a good knowledge of art theory
- Expert knowledge of User Interface theory and practice - terminology and best practices
- Expert knowledge of typical UI and graphic design tools and a general knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- Ability to create and present high level documentation, style guides, ideation, etc
- Ability to advise team members on UI production matters - solid experience with production tools like Jira
- Ability to do day-to-day line management of the UI team
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building teams and team culture
- Experience working with Art Outsource companies
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
What would help:
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working on several projects concurrently
- Experience of direct communication with clients
- Experience line-managing and developing artists
- UI concept art and look development experience
- Assistance in providing UI support for Key art/ Cinematics experience
Please mention the word **AMICABLE** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjI0MC4xMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok