Posted 17 Jan 2023, 5:11 pm
Lead Software Engineer at Blok-Z
About the job
Blok-Z is an award-winning, US-funded energy blockchain startup based in Germany and Turkey. We specialize in delivering enterprise-grade software solutions that will foster the growth of a distributed, decentralized and carbon-free energy future. Our mission is to make it easy for everyone to make impactful sustainable energy choices.
To help achieve our mission, we need a talented Lead Software Developer who is comfortable and capable of wearing more than one hat. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development, with experience leading development teams and overseeing the delivery of complex software projects.
- Lead the development team in the design, development, testing, and deployment of software solutions
- Oversee the planning and estimation of development tasks, ensuring that project deadlines are met
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to gather requirements, provide technical guidance, and troubleshoot issues
- Code new features and improve the existing platform to enhance the current product experience
- Mentor and coach team members to encourage professional growth and development
- Act as the technical lead on projects, providing guidance and direction to the development team
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of software systems, ensuring that they are reliable and scalable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience leading software development teams
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, including agile methodologies
- Experience with technologies, tools and frameworks such as VueJS, Django, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Sentry, Solidity
- Experience with distributed task queues such as Huey, Celery
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL systems, preferably PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- A mind for quality supported with good test practices, especially test automation
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and flexible work schedule as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are a highly skilled software developer with leadership experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity even if you do not meet all the qualifications.
At Blok-Z, you will be empowered to work on energy sustainability-based meaningful projects, satisfy your curiosity, and solve problems with a global impact. We are a team of smart, passionate people whom you can grow and collaborate with. You can work on a product that helps enable the energy revolution and transform the lives of millions for the better.
Please mention the word **SUPURB** and tag RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok