Posted 15 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Senior Backend Engineer at Syndica
At Syndica, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, and you’ll experience firsthand the infectious enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in crypto.
We are backed by strategic partners, investors, and advisors who are all-in on our mission: Chamath of Social Capital, Sam Bankman-Fried of Alameda Research, Solana Ventures, and many more.
This role will have the primary accountability of designing, implementing, and operating Syndica’s blockchain infrastructure platform. Golang knowledge is a necessity! The team operates with a “run what you write” philosophy and each engineer is responsible for deploying and operating the code they write.
A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language (preferably Go, Rust or C++), and previous work in SaaS application development and operations. You will be responsible to ensure the environment is built, deployed, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, or GCP via Kubernetes.
- Design, creation, and provisioning of infrastructure
- Write beautiful maintainable Golang code - idiomatic Go!
- Create modular and extensible micro-services to support the platform
- Build a reliable fault-tolerant service
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, to operating environment, network, and application
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity, and establish the appropriate scalability plans
- Troubleshoot and solve customer platform issues
- Ensure that SLAs are met in executing operational tasks
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining and adhering to industry best practices
- 3+ years related professional experience using Golang
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for metrics aggregation/visualization is plus
- Experience with automation tools/platforms
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools is plus
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone - UTC -6
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Some working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become one of our lead Golang developers. You’ll have taken on independent code review responsibilities and are collaborating on the design of new features
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance, and are helping to effectively mentor new engineers joining the team
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery without cutting corners
Please mention the word **CLASSY** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguMzQ= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguMzQ=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok