Posted 10 Jan 2023, 7:23 pm
Staff Accountant at Figment
At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
About the Role
We are looking for a self-driven, proactive and curious Intermediate/Sr. Staff Accountant to take on a diverse role covering a range of responsibilities from traditional billing, receivables and monthly reconciliations to analyzing and reporting on crypto transactions. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, takes initiative and is excited about the opportunity of getting into the weeds of Web3 and navigating the complexities of crypto accounting.
- Coordinate activities with external crypto accounting consultants to help maintain the crypto sub-ledger and ensure staking and other revenue streams are properly measured and recognized under US GAAP
- Work with cross-functional teams to help investigate MoM fluctuations and validate data for the month end close
- Monitor and investigate daily transactions occurring in multiple Figment’s crypto wallets
- Assist the accounting team with other month end tasks and schedules
- Own the accounts receivable function, including billing, reconciliation and following up on outstanding payments on a regular basis
- Provide support during financial and tax audits
- Support ad-hoc accounting projects and analysis, as needed
- 3+ years of accounting experience and US GAAP knowledge
- NetSuite or similar ERP experience
- The ability to take initiative and work with quick turnaround times & deadlines
- Experience working with a heavy volume of data from multiple sources
- Keen attention to detail, solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a remote fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the crypto ecosystem
- Familiarity with navigating Etherscan and/or other type of block explorers and crypto accounting platforms (Bitwave, Cointracker, etc) is a plus
One of Figment’s core principles is “Making the Invisible Visible” - ensuring transparency and information sharing in all communication. Figment is committed to transparency regarding pay, benefits, and other compensation types for all internal roles as well as all roles being hired for.
Base Salary: The US base salary range for this position is USD $80,000 - 95,000. The Canadian base salary range for this position is CAD $80,000 - 95,000. This range reflects base salary only, and does not include additional compensation or benefits. For candidates in other countries, the pay range will be disclosed upon your first interview with Figment (being a globally remote company, the list of salary ranges would simply be too long to note here!). The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum range for a new hire across all of the US or Canada. A candidate’s specific pay within the range will be determined by various factors including job-related skills, relevant education, and training.
Benefits: All employees of Figment receive the following competitive benefits. For candidates beyond Canada and the US, benefits will be outlined during your first interview with Figment.
- 100% remote-first environment, with co-working spaces in our employee “hubs” across the globe for those who enjoy a hybrid model
- 4 weeks of PTO that kick in day one, with an additional 1 week of flex days
- Extended company-paid health benefits that kick in day one
- Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- A home office stipend to create a space that you enjoy working in
- Monthly Wifi reimbursement
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- 401K (US) or RRSP match (Canada)
- Stock Options in the company
- Competitive bonus (based on company performance) that is distributed quarterly - we believe that the company’s success should be shared with our employees often
- For roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- In the spirit of being in the Web3 space, a discretionary annual Cryptocurrency bonus
- Annual onsite company gatherings and retreats to inspire team bonding, collaboration, and fun!
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.
Please mention the word **CONFIDENT** and tag RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok