Posted 9 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
VP Business Development at Kadena
Kadena is the industry’s only scalable layer 1 Proof of Work (PoW) blockchain. The principal feature that drives Kadena is scalability, which enables Kadena to deliver infrastructure-grade performance for any blockchain project. Along with our own smart contract language Pact, Kadena's platform provides the world the tools and environment to turn ideas and ambitions into reality. Founded by Stuart Popejoy and William Martino who created JP Morgan’s first blockchain and led the SEC’s Crypto Committee, Kadena aims to allow for true blockchain mass adoption. At Kadena, we value diversity, curiosity, a work/life balance, kindness, and teamwork.
The VP of Business Development’s main goal is to help and guide the growth of the Kadena ecosystem through strategic planning and carefully crafted decisions. The role will liaise with Business Development and Strategy departments to ensure always being up to date on current and future Kadena developments. It is expected for this knowledge to translate to concise and actionable business and strategic roadmaps that will help ultimately propel Kadena and its ecosystem to leaders in the crypto space.
The candidate is expected to learn existing Kadena processes and company culture, and to bring forward such values to the ecosystem as a whole. As novel initiatives take form, the need may arise to shift focus to growing, managing, and scaling said companies. The initiatives include but are not limited to ecosystem investment vehicles and other strategic opportunities that require direct input and/or staffing of Kadena employees.
The Kadena ecosystem will grow rapidly and dynamically in the coming years, so the candidate must be comfortable and capable in quickly capitalizing on arising opportunities and ready to take on roles and responsibilities best suited to maximize ecosystem growth. We will be looking for a candidate with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a character that is welcoming of new challenges that will arise in a fast-paced and high-growth industry.
- Design and implement business roadmap for Kadena and related entities
- Design and implement business roadmaps for Kadena ecosystem companies
- Interface directly with Kadena’s leadership and iterate on business strategies
- Actively manage, mentor, and train members of the Business Development team and ensure that the team is exceeding its quota (lead generation, qualifications, opportunities.)
- Cultivate strong relationships while actively prospecting new business opportunities
- Expected to cover any arising business or operational need that may arise within Kadena or Kadena-related companies
- Collaborate with all aspects of business development, including community and communications
- Maintain up-to-date docs of goal progress and timelines
- Liaise with Kadena ecosystem companies and assist with business and managerial needs
- 5+ years of financial and/or business development experience
- 5+ years of experience in complex business operations and planning
- 5+years of experience mentoring individuals on business and management aspect
- Ability to create institutional-grade spreadsheets and presentations
- Experience or familiarity with cryptocurrency is a big plus
- Passion for relentless improvement and delivering high quality business documents that can be used internally and externally
- B.S. or M.S. in Business/Finance preferred
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full-time employees
- Flexible savings accounts
- Company coin options
- Flexible vacation time (and a culture of taking time off)
- Remote company
- Home office setup stipend
Kadena requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Kadena considers requests for reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons pursuant to applicable law.
Please mention the word **GENIAL** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDk= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDk=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok