Posted 9 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Backend Engineer at IEX
At IEX, we’re passionate about building technology that moves industries forward. Our story began when we built a stock exchange designed to deliver high-performance results for all investors. Our belief is that technology should level the playing field so that opportunity is equitable. We are applying what we learned from building a high-performance stock exchange to build technology that solves for complexity and accelerates growth in other areas. We aspire to build a trusted, disciplined, and diversified business. Our goal is to build transformative technology without ever compromising our integrity - and we’re just getting started!
IEX is building a bridge between traditional finance and digital assets with a new initiative that intends to give investors a transparent and compliant way to trade digital assets. Now, we’re looking to assemble the team that will help make that intention a reality. Come work with us and get involved in the strategy of execution of this initiative.
As a Backend Engineer, you will solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems, bridging the constraints posed by web-scale applications and blockchain technology. As an engineer on the team, you will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping.
You have experience developing complex applications, systems, and have a solid understanding of technology fundamentals. You will demonstrate the composure and aptitude required to work effectively in a dynamic, high-pressure, and fast-paced startup environment.
This position is best suited for a highly collaborative, team-oriented individual who is passionate about innovation and making an impact in the technology and financial markets. Experience building systems and applications from the ground up is a plus, but a real passion for our mission of fairness and transparency is imperative.
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong interest in mentoring junior team members
- Strong communication skills – you will have to work with employees from across the organization
- Firm dedication to the core values of IEX – belief in fairness and transparency in the financial markets
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new features to meet critical product and business needs
- Build a scalable platform and new frameworks to solve novel problems, including architecture, microservices, testing and deployment
- Innovate a long-term vision for managing and scaling backend systems
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, designers, and senior leadership in executing product roadmap
- Write high quality, well tested code
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably in financial services, or dealing with high reliability or security systems
- Experience in designing, building, scaling, and maintaining production services, and a strong understanding of how to develop a service-oriented architecture
- Prior experience working with growth assessments or A/B testing frameworks
- Experience working with Node, Python and Postgres
- Culture fit (Think Big, Do Good/ Win Together/ Be Gritty/ Invent & Reinvent)
Why You Should Apply:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs)
- 401K employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision
- OneMedical membership
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Wellness Benefits
- Flexible workplace
- Employer charity match
- Learning stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Jump Start onboarding program
- Internal mentor program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting annual base pay is between $175,000 and $225,000 for this NY-based position. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The annual base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for bonus and equity.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.
Please mention the word **INTUITIVE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDk= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDk=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok