Posted 9 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Senior Software Engineer at Aztec
At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
Working across the entire codebase to:
- Understand the full system architecture end to end.
- Prioritise and document technical debt and un-necessary complexity within the system.
- Discuss and gain approval for codebase improvements from relevant stakeholders.
- Refactor code, improving readability, documentation, maintainability and unit testing.
- Improve monitoring and metrics.
- Ensure we're using the most up-to-date tooling and development workflows for maximum developer efficiency.
- 8+ years solid engineering experience.
- 2+ years TypeScript experience.
- Demonstrable experience in writing well documented, readable, simple, team friendly code.
- A passion for taking an existing system and pragmatically refining it.
- C++ and Solidity experience a bonus.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team
Please mention the word **SEAMLESS** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDk= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNDk=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok