Posted 8 Jan 2023, 5:11 pm
Lead Engineer Blockchain at Laguna Games
Who we are looking for:
Laguna Games is the developer of Crypto Unicorns, the #1 NFT project on Polygon and one of the fastest-growing games. We are looking to hire an experienced Engineering Lead who is self-motivated, goal-orientated, and a strong team player to lead our smart contract and blockchain development work. This role requires previous experience leading engineering teams but does NOT require previous work in blockchain or smart contract development. We are interested in someone who can lead while we get you up to speed on the core technology.
You take pride in your work and know what it means to deliver high-quality products. This position will report to our Technical Director and oversee both internal and external smart contract developers. You will work and innovate at the forefront of Web3 gaming, bringing together unique technologies to deliver a new kind of gaming experience.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage the company’s smart contract development.
- Manage and grow a team of smart contract developers.
- Develop, test, and deploy new smart contracts that define gameplay.
- Gain industry-leading knowledge in smart contract development, security, and deployment.
- Work with product and design to enhance game loops with web3 economics.
- Keep smart contracts in-sync with game mechanics.
- Monitor the ongoing health of our smart contracts and ensure their security.
- Build and maintain core smart contract technologies.
- Support metrics reporting and business insight.
- Advance the state-of-the-art smart contracts through research and consultation with industry leaders.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
- 3+ years in a leadership role managing a team of engineers.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Services.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc).
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal.
- Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives.
- Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally.
- Be able to work collaboratively in a remote environment.
Note: This is a leadership position for blockchain and smart contract technology development but requires only an interest in blockchain, smart contracts, and solidity development. We are looking for a technology leader who has brought technology to market and wants to broaden their knowledge base to include the exciting world of blockchain and smart contract development.
Laguna Games is the developer of Crypto Unicorns, a new blockchain-based game centered around awesomely unique Unicorn NFTs that players use in a fun farming simulation and in a variety of exciting battle loops. As game developers, we are excited to move away from the extractive nature of Free-2-Play to foster and nurture community-run game economies. Crypto Unicorns is our first digital nation and we are extremely excited to build it in tandem with our player community!
We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA but operate as a remote company with locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation along with health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401k retirement savings, open paid time off, and a remote work support stipend.
Learn more here!
Please mention the word **WINNING** and tag RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok