Posted 7 Jan 2023, 5:11 pm
Director of Engineering at Reach Platform
Reach’s vision is to bring blockchain to the world by unlocking its feasibility, practicality, and usefulness for the masses. We are making blockchain mainstream. Reach is a programming language and specialized compiler that allows full-stack developers to build decentralized applications at a fraction of the cost, complexity, and time. We are drastically reducing the barrier to entry into blockchain development and are on our way to becoming the central platform developers use to build on blockchain. Our goal is to become the lens through which the world understands the value of decentralization and Web3!
Reach Labs, a division of Reach, builds direct-to-consumer products and applications leveraging the safety and security advantages of the Reach platform. One of the current Reach Labs projects is Alloy, a smart NFT gaming ecosystem that allows unprecedented utility and ownership over in-game assets while allowing gamers to benefit from being part of an ever growing gaming ecosystem and community. Alloy is changing the future of gaming for both gamers and game developers.
Alloy is looking for a Director of Engineering to oversee thedesign, development, testing and release phases of Alloy's MVPs. In addition to guiding the engineering team you'll be responsible for managing Alloy's infrastructure and ensuring all internal systems operate securely and effectively. You will report directly to Alloy's CEO and work closely with the Engineering Manager/Scrum Master. To be successful in this role, you should have ample experience as a software architect, have strong technical skills, enjoy managing our teams, and be a stickler for delivering on time. Ultimately, you'll oversee Alloy's development plans from ideation to execution and work closely with the CEO to build and launch what will be an extraordinarily valuable contribution to gaming and game development. This is an excellent role for someone eager to grow into a CTO position at a web3 gaming company.
- Work closely with the Engineer Manager to determine priorities and ensure timely delivery of product milestones
- Conceive, build, and launch new features for Alloy's users and game developers
- Define and communicate clear project objectives/strategies to Alloy's development team
- Work closely with the engineering team to establish priorities and execute development roadmaps of your designs/architectures
- Support the Engineering Manager to assess and fix all technical deployment obstacle and assist Engineering Manager with technical project leadership/guidance in areas such as web3 technical architectures and specifications. i.e. node infrastructure, smart contracts, security, full stack web development, etc.
- Provide team with active feedback and constantly ensure optimal coordination among all stakeholders
- Identify, design and establish systems/processes that will aid in mass adoption of Alloy
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training as required
- Minimum 5-years of experience as as senior-level engineer
- Minimum of 3-years of experience in a management position
- Minimum of 3-years of solutions architecture experience
- Strong leader - you know how to organize and motivate a team
- Experience with internal and external requirements gathering, customer feedback and requests
Nice to haves:
- Smart Contract development experience
- Infrastructure Engineering knowledge (Kubernetes, CICD, etc.)
- Cloud Based Architectures (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science
- Strong understanding of of web3 applications/architectures
- Passion for blockchain and gaming!
Our Commitment to You:
Reach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Employee stock-options
- Flexible work schedule
- Health and dental insurance
- Competitive salary
Please mention the word **UNDISPUTED** and tag RODkuNjQuMTAuMjI5 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RODkuNjQuMTAuMjI5). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok