Posted 7 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Senior Golang Engineer at Polygon Technology
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
What does the zkEVM Team do?
Polygon zkEVM is the first zero-knowledge (ZK) scaling solution that’s fully compatible with Ethereum: all existing smart contracts, developer tools, and wallets work seamlessly. The zkEVM harnesses the power of ZK proofs to reduce transaction cost and massively increase throughput, all while inheriting the security of Ethereum L1.
We're looking for a Senior Golang Developer to join the Backend team of zkEVM and help develop the node that will be operating the EVM zkRollup. Your task scope will include implementing Merkletrees, Ethereum interfaces (read/write smart contracts), EVM logic, as well as more “traditional” backend features such as APIs, DBs, etc. In addition, you will collaborate with team members in making architectural decisions, choosing best practices, and bringing in new ideas. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in the blockchain space and contribute to the decentralization of the future.
Find the zkEVM documentation at: docs.hermez.io
Key Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement quality backend architectures that connect with blockchain infrastructure.
- Develop high-quality, performant, modern, clean and readable code within tight deadlines.
- Take ownership of the development and maintenance of the project from ideation to deployment.
- Work with the engineering, design, protocol and product teams collaboratively, contributing ideas that add value to our product roadmap and company goals.
- Mentor junior golang developers on your team.
- 7+ years of Software Development experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing programs in Golang.
- Good understanding of Ethereum and Solidity.
- Basic knowledge of cryptographic primitives such as public/private keys, hash functions and Merkletrees (understanding how to use them, implementing them would be a plus).
- Understanding of Ethereum and previous contribution to the blockchain space.
- Experience working with git.
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
*Company matching 401k with 6% match
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Employee Development Program
Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon
Website | Twitter | Ecosystem Twitter | Developer Twitter | Studios Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
Please mention the word **PARAMOUNT** and tag RODkuNjQuMTAuMjI5 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RODkuNjQuMTAuMjI5). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok