Posted 1 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm
Technical Artist at Star Atlas
Technical Art Director
About Star Atlas:
Star Atlas is a next-gen MMORPG metaverse emerging from the confluence of the Solana blockchain, Unreal Engine 5’s real-time graphics technology and decentralized financial protocols. Developed by ATMTA Inc., Star Atlas combines play-to-earn NFT mechanics with an AAA cinematic space-genre experience creating an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership.
About This Role:
In this role, you'll be working closely with Artists, Engineers, and other Technical Artists to find both day-to-day and long-term improvements to the art pipeline for the Star Atlas team. This role requires in-depth technical knowledge and strong aesthetic inclination. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of both real-time and standard production art pipelines. Determining optimal workflow, tools and import/export paths for all assets in the game is an important function for the role.
- Work closely with the Art, Design and Engineering teams to effectively produce correct art content.
- Bring characters, ships & props to life with a mixture of rigging, animating and physics tuning.
- Help shape and evolve art pipelines, including tools, software, plug-ins and game technology.
- Establish and maintain art content pipelines focusing on Maya and Unreal Engine
- Check assets in terms of technical setup for their usage in Star Atlas.
- Investigate new techniques, assist in prototyping and help other developers with technical roadblocks
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams
- Demonstrate relevant experience in the game development industry.
- Passionate about innovation, improving pipelines, developing new tools and adapting to new technologies.
- Technical proficiency with Unreal Engine.
- Experience in using 3D graphics software such as Maya or similar, Houdini, Substance.
- Understanding of scripting/programming languages such as Python, C#, C++..
- Understanding of material and texturing workflows is a plus
- Loves to be part of a passionate team and can communicate effectively.
- Have a strong understanding of art content and techniques, including modeling, texturing and shading, and Physically Based Rendering
Please mention the word **BREEZE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMjQz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMjQz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok