Posted 30 Dec 2022, 7:10 pm
Director Engineering Blockchain at Forte Labs
At Forte, we are revolutionizing the Games Industry through Blockchain. Our end-to-end platform enables the emergence of community economics, a system where the interests of game developers and players are aligned, leading to healthier, sustainable game communities. We imagine an ecosystem that enables people globally to have property rights for digital goods, makes it easy for anyone in the world to create and join economic organizations and over time, build open systems with open protocols.
Our team is composed of longtime industry members (Unity, ngmoco, N3TWORK, Riot, Electronic Arts, Sony, Rockstar, Lucas Arts, Google among others), and is currently working with 40+ acclaimed game developers from across the world to revolutionize the Games industry through the lens of blockchain. We recently raised $725M in our Series B, and are actively recruiting the world’s finest talent to join our fast-growing organization.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering with experience building enterprise tools and technologies utilized in large scale live service games. You will be responsible for defining the overall technical architecture at the product level and will lead that design across individual features. In addition, you understand the business and product goals and incorporate that knowledge into the technical design and execution process for the team. Achieving stability of the product through confidence-inspiring testing and planning is a major part of the role. You are comfortable communicating with remote teams and experienced in providing critical feedback in a constructive way.
You are a proven team leader who has thrived in web2, and has a genuine passion for web3. You grew up playing games and may have made your career there. You’re naturally curious and adapt to the ever-changing world. You have an instinct for the consumer - where they are and where they’re heading. You’re a natural problem solver who can map solutions to needs quickly. You’re able to juggle multiple balls in the air, context switching and triaging priorities when necessary. You thrive in the grey, never needing for the clarity of black and white to operate your business, never waiting for permission to act. You lead by example, fluent at any altitude, but always looking to find opportunities to offer ownership and autonomy to your teams.You are customer-first, knowing that you only win if they win. You bring a “yes, if” perspective to life, and find ways to make the impossible possible. You want to live anywhere with a blazing internet connection and are prepared for live meetings optimized for Pacific time.
In this role, you will...
- Be the technical owner for products and features and lead their implementation.
- Work with product owners to map product requirements to high quality, sustainable technical solutions.
- Constantly collaborate with other technical leads across the organization to ensure solutions are built in a compatible, consistent manner.
- Manage the technology development process of plan, build, release, test, and improve.
- “Roll up your sleeves” and collaborate directly with engineers to create high-quality features and functionality that are architected for both scalability and maintainability.
- Manage and mentor engineers to help them grow.
- Coordinate across multiple regional offices, helping teams set expectations and meet project deadlines
The ideal candidate will have...
Blockchain Services and Bridging Required Experience:
- Experience in building and deploying smart contracts to L1 and L2 blockchains.
- Understanding of multiple blockchain technologies including Ethereum and Solana.
- Knowledge of bridging strategies to move value between blockchains.
Leadership and operational expertise
- Experience building and deploying software to cloud systems. Knowledge of blockchain operations and security.
- Experience successfully running complex projects using Jira, Notion and scrum-like methodology.
- A strong engineering background so you can lead and communicate ideas/features directly to the people implementing them.
- Proven experience in processing and planning system design and architecture.
- Understanding of QA testing cycle and putting together test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate schedules and progress as well as celebrating success and flagging critical issues to multiple teams and stakeholders.
Bonus if you also have…
- Experience building software with Elixir, Rust, or Golang, in production environments.
- Experience with the fundamentals of blockchain technology, developer platforms, game design, and / or token economics
- Shipped an online enabled live service game that achieved revenue targets defined by stakeholders.
What we offer
- The opportunity to build something that's never been built before - to solve new problems and to develop solutions with a team of industry leaders by your side.
- A learning environment where you'll be hands-on with the latest tools and technologies.
- The opportunity to merge personal passions or interests you may have for blockchain and/or gaming with your professional path.
Competitive compensation and perks to help you work comfortably and productively with a fully remote team.
Forte is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please mention the word **SMARTEST** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMTk1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMTk1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok