Posted 29 Dec 2022, 7:10 pm
Dev Ops Engineer at Staked
Dev Ops Engineering at Staked is the heart of the operation. We combine software and systems engineering to build and run Staked's large-scale, fault-tolerant staking node infrastructure. Staked uses a variety of tools including Kubernetes, Consul, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana, and more to orchestrate these systems and ensure reliability. While most of our engineering team is in Boston, we're open to remote candidates with the right backgrounds.
Dev Ops looks for creative ways to automate and secure our systems. This is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. The ideal candidate wants to limit time spent on operational work, proactively identify potential ways our systems can fail, and enjoys a blameless post-mortem when incidents occur.
Reliability is at the heart of Staked's promise to our customers, so the dev ops role is at the heart of our technical team. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our investors reliably earn staking rewards. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining these systems alongside other members of the team.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
- Experience with container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with Cloud Provider APIs and Best Practices (AWS and GCP)
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with DevOps, IaC, algorithms
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience with cloud High Availability, Fault-tolerance, and Disaster Recovery, and automation
- Interest in the blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
- Interest in designing infrastructure, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills, drive and a sense of ownership.
- Experience with data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
Please mention the word **ROBUST** and tag RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok