Posted 29 Dec 2022, 7:10 pm
Backend Engineer at Swish
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
The Engineering team at Swish is looking for talented Backend Engineers to create fast, scalable server infrastructures with a focus on the best possible user experiences. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, engineers, and product managers who design, implement and ship mission-critical features. You have prior experience developing high quality backend architecture and are excited about doing that at a company that is transforming the way enterprises run their businesses with a tech-focused, mobile-first mindset. You want to have productive technical discussions with a bias towards analytics and user feedback and contribute to the continuous improvement of our web and mobile experiences.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the latest technologies and can lead the design and development of scalable applications. A successful candidate will bring deep analytical ability, software engineering expertise, and the ability to deliver results within a fast-moving, agile environment.
• Frontend: React, Redux, ES6, ESLint, CSS Modules, Sass, Babel, Webpack, Flow, Jest
• Backend: Node
• Framework: Express, Next, Meteor
• Datastore: MongoDB, Redis
• Container: Docker
• Hosting: AWS, Heroku
A Typical Week
• You'll brainstorm with product managers and designers to conceptualize new features.
• You'll collaborate with frontend engineers to build new features for a client.
• You'll learn about new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
• You'll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
• You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
You'll be tasked with developing server infrastructures and applying them at scale to our projects. We look for the following attributes in candidates:
• Strong communication skills.
• Work across disciplines with team members from frontend, backend, design, and product.
• Actively participate in product decisions and improve our development workflow.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience building production server infrastructures, ideally using our stack.Experience with measuring and improving server response times in different conditions and environments.
• Experience with unit and integration testing, continuous integration and deployment workflows.
• Experience with developing REST APIs and integrating third-party APIs.
In all cases, you should be motivated by a desire to solve the most important problems and obtain unprecedented results and eager to push your methods to their maximal performance.
• Degree in STEM field, especially software engineering or computer science related.
• Interested in emerging technology such as machine learning and blockchain.
• Track record of migrating legacy infrastructure to modern stacks.
• Experience in small startup environments helping large enterprises.
• Experience working with a team, especially a distributed team.
Launched in February 2013, Swish is a fast-growing business with an innovative working culture and teams spanned across the world with teams in Toronto, San Francisco, Berlin, Auckland, Bruxelles, Medellin, and more.
We create products for successful business using cutting-edge technologies: Blockchain, Machine Learning, and Apps Dev. Working with Swish puts you in contact with prestigious brands, wherever your base is. We are a 100% remote-work company because we believe it is everyone’s choice to live and work the way they prefer.
Work is organized in sprints - 2 weeks periods to which, as a member of our talent community, you choose to commit. You always have the choice to accept or decline a sprint, or take-on multiple sprints simultaneously.
We let members choose what suits them best depending on their current situation: family, travel, studies, finance. We know life is not linear and we respect the humans behind the screens.
Our work ethic relies on six core values: Transparency, Directness, Meritocracy, Autonomy, Responsibility, Continuous Learning.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.
Join the future of work today.
Please mention the word **FAVORABLE** and tag RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok