Posted 28 Dec 2022, 4:08 pm
Senior Backend Developer at PegEx
Are you looking for a contract position with a hi-tech, fast-paced, industry-leading company?
PegEx, Inc. is an environmental cloud software company focused and mitigating compliance risk, optimizing margins, and improving workforce productivity. The PegEx SaaS platform servers EPA-registered waste generators, haulers, and disposal facilities.
We are looking for a contract Senior Backend Developer to help build our SaaS platform for the environmental services industry. The right person should have a strong grasp of the current backend technology, tools, and strategies and be able to work in a team environment to take a plan from concept to execution. Senior Backend Developer will work with the PegEx development team and supporting teams (such as sales & marketing).
If you're an individual who wants to see your work make a real difference in the trajectory of our growing company, then you'd be the perfect addition to our team.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Design, develop, validate, maintain, release, and operate our backend platform.
- Proactively tackle and solve hard problems.
- Participate in sprint team planning and technical meetings.
- Support and continuously improve the release and deployment pipeline.
- Work directly with other key PegEx departments and managers to implement required features.
- Develop systems or systems to integrate with 3rd party APIs.
- Have experience with developing, designing, and supporting systems.
- Solid understanding of database structures (SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- General understanding of Big Data Design Principles and Systems (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- 3+ years in backend engineering roles
- Working knowledge of Linux terminal
- Working experience in writing APIs
More About You
- History of building Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms.
- Working experience with Docker (Kubernetes experience a bonus)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS / Google Cloud / Azure)
- Experience building and maintaining Microservices Architecture
- Have the ability to work independently or in a team with the ability to get along with many different personality types and a wide range of technical skills
- Be a proactive, dedicated self-starter geared toward flexibility and perseverance
- Have enthusiastic and positive telephone and face-to-face customer service skills
- Have the ability to learn quickly and prioritize
- Exhibit analytical skills necessary to successfully perform the functions above
- Have extreme attention to detail and understanding of cause and effect
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established guidelines
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills between all levels and departments within the organization
- Meaningful work – solving environmental problems
- Supportive and kind environment where collaboration is encouraged
- Mission-driven organization to ensure all that produce waste are disposed in a safe, compliant, and environmentally friendly manner which impacts all humans.
- Flexible, positive culture
- Ability to influence chnage. Your input not only matters but impacts the trajectory of the company
- Flexible Schedule
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture
- Company is currently 100% work from home
Please mention the word **PREFER** and tag RMy4xMzYuMTU4LjE1Mw== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4xMzYuMTU4LjE1Mw==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok