Posted 28 Dec 2022, 5:11 pm
Chief Risk & Compliance Officer at Hedera Hashgraph
In today's world, many blockchain projects are worth billions of dollars based on hype and speculation. Hedera Hashgraph is rooted in a true technological evolution that is disrupting the market.
The company, with its distributed public ledger, has two clear differentiators:
- Its superior technology
- A governing council
The Technology: The Hedera Hashgraph platform provides a new form of distributed consensus; a way for people who don't know or trust each other to securely collaborate and transact online without the need for a trusted intermediary. The platform is lightning fast, secure, and fair, and, unlike some blockchain-based platforms, doesn’t require compute-heavy proof-of-work. Hedera enables and empowers developers to build an entirely new class of distributed applications never before possible. The Hashgraph platform deployed today can process 10,000 transactions per second. By comparison, Bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second, and Ethereum can process fewer than 15.
The Governing Council: The Hedera Hashgraph Council is the governing body of the Hedera Hashgraph network. The council will ultimately consist of up to 39 leading organizations and enterprises in their respective fields. Its membership will reflect a range of industries and geographies, including highly respected brands and trusted market leaders, to encourage a wide variety of perspectives. The Governing Members will elect the Governing Board and also contribute expertise through subcommittee membership. Hedera’s governance terms ensure no single member will have control, and no small group of members will have undue influence over the body as a whole.
Opportunity for Impact
With the recent vote by the Governing Council to further decentralize our network and operations, Hedera is establishing its operating structure and processes in the wake of the transition. Hedera is looking for a Chief of Staff to lead the Program Management Office (PMO) and serve as the lead for operational tasks and initiatives in support of the company, the Governing Council, and the Board of Directors. The incumbent will have the opportunity to be a part of the building of a decentralized organization. The Chief of Staff will run the PMO, with outsourced resources and close coordination with the organization’s Officers and the Chair of the Governing Council, to manage all operations and strategic efforts. The incumbent should be extremely well organized, proficient in project management, and able to bridge strategic thinking with execution.
About the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer role
As Hedera’s Chief Risk & Compliance Officer (CRCO), you will lead and execute a global risk management strategy for the organization. You have a strong and diverse finance and technology background and can cover a wide spectrum of tasks and responsibilities from developing and governing foundational policies to taking a “hands-on” role to design and implement appropriate controls.
The CRCO is expected to identify, assess, respond to, and communicate risks pertaining to Hedera’s ecosystem and operations. You will play a key leadership role in Hedera’s ongoing collaboration with Hedera’s Council members. You will collaborate with Hedera Officers to determine, mitigate, and manage risks. The CRCO is appointed by the Board of Directors and reports to the Chair.
- Lead risk management assessments and planning across all categories, including financial, security, technological, and regulatory compliance risks.
- Aggregate legal, financial, business development, and other strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for the company to inform holistic enterprise risk management and strategic planning.
- Collaborate with department leads to produce ongoing risk assessments that track regulatory developments, network developments, financial risks, changes to the competitive landscape, and mitigation efforts. Develop and maintain a consolidated set of key risk indicators (KRIs) across each function of the organization and ecosystem.
- Conduct independent evaluations, tests, and reviews of our policies and procedures and be responsible for leading initiatives to mature Hedera’s Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) programs.
- Ensure coordination with information security and regulatory compliance operations and staff as appropriate.
- Advise the Board and Council on priorities to efficiently mitigate risks to the network and/or its use cases.
- Identify gaps in the Council's strategic plan and introduce new external strategic partners or internal strategic workstreams.
- Conduct monitoring and testing on company and network risk controls for the purpose of identifying gaps or weaknesses.
- Monitoring GRC controls, accounting for the distributed nature of Hedera’s operations.
- Reporting on Hedera’s risk posture to staff, Hedera’s Council and Board and other stakeholders as may be required by the Board or the Chair from time to time.
- Experience leading global risk efforts
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and expertise covering a variety of risk types
- A deep understanding of risk management frameworks
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to explain complex concepts
- Ability to communicate at varying seniority levels, including Senior Management and the Board
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency
- Knowledge of financial services industry and regulatory landscape
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time.
Nice to Haves
- Interest in and knowledge about web3/blockchain/crypto/metaverse
- A growth mindset and an overall positive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Strong drive and proactivity to continuously strengthen the risk management
- Strong political acumen
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant risk experience
Please mention the word **COURTLY** and tag RMy4xMzYuMTU4LjE1Mw== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4xMzYuMTU4LjE1Mw==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok