Posted 27 Dec 2022, 5:45 pm
Manager Accounting at Ruby Receptionists HQ
The Manager, Accounting will lead a high performing accounting team and the month-end close process on a timely basis, ensure integrity of the financial data, comply with US GAAP reporting standards, ensure proper internal controls implementation, drive process improvements, and support system implementations. The Manager, Accounting will play a critical role in developing and strengthening the internal control environment for our high growth, private equity backed business. While the business today operates primarily in the United States, the Company has acquired multiple businesses and expects to continue to expand via both organic and inorganic paths. This position will also play a critical role during the annual financial statement audit, tax compliance filings and business operations.
This position will report to the VP, Controller and is open to U.S.-based remote candidates (state-dependent) as well as in-office candidates in the Portland, OR metro area.
What You’ll Be Accountable For
1. Manage, mentor, and develop Ruby’s Accounting Team; provide management support and guidance to direct reports on deliverables and accounting strategies. Set and communicate team vision and motivate the team to success; measure accomplishments, hold people accountable, and give constructive feedback to facilitate professional development.
2. Oversight of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Accounting processes. Compete the full cycle duties for A/R and A/P.
3. Manage the month-end close process; prepare timely and accurate financial statements and related analysis in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including the review of account reconciliations, variance analysis, and research paper prepared by the Accounting Team.
4. Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor strong accounting, policies and procedures. Improve internal controls, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information to the organization in an efficient manner.
5. Prepare, and review journal entries, transactions, monthly accruals, expense allocation recorded in the books. Review payroll, and employee benefit related journal entries.
6. Manage banking operations. Provide guidance to Accounts Payable, review and approve vendor bills and check runs in accordance with Ruby procedures. Oversight of travel and expense management system and related operations.
7. Responsible for the fixed asset process and subledger.
8. Proficient in technical accounting memo documentation; develop, process, and prepare as needed.
9. Help identify key requirements, evaluation, selection, and implementation/integration of systems necessary for both control and scalability.
10. Prepare information requests related to the preparation of federal and state income tax returns.
11. Manage financial statement preparation and annual audit process.
12. Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to ensure timely and accurate completion of key reporting activities.
13. Partnering with a variety of vendors and platforms to complete accounting operations (e.g. expense management software, payroll providers, etc).
14. Prepare and review payroll.
15. Complete payroll liabilities reconciliations.
Key Success Indicators
- · Accuracy: You own core accounting processes and internal controls to ensure financial statements are accurate, of high integrity and in compliance with GAAP.
- · On-Time Delivery: You ensure that deadlines are met. You prioritize and plan work activities across the accounting team, use time efficiently and complete the monthly close review process in a timely fashion for decision making.
- · Data Integrity: Across all systems you have checks on data integrity and reconciliation to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- · Scalability: You leverage technology, processes and the efficient use of human resources to maximize throughput and free up space for growth, training and capacity of your team.
Your Work DNA
- You are excited about new challenges. You have an insatiable drive to make things better and are always looking at improving our accounting processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- You are proactive and have strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- You love growth-stage companies, possess a scrappy, hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves style, and embrace change.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working with multiple cross functional disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, showing progressive responsibilities, preferably within a startup or high growth company.
- 2+ years of experience managing an accounting team.
- 2+ years of experience in Public Accounting.
- CPA or CPA eligible strongly desired.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of GAAP standards.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly detail-oriented in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, communicate progress and execute effectively.
- Working knowledge of ERP and Expense Management systems (NetSuite or Intacct is a plus).
- Experience with ASC 606 revenue recognition is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
When we find the right person, we like to put our best foot forward with a thoughtful and comprehensive offer. Fair and equitable compensation is a pillar of our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion strategy and we prioritize pay equity across our teams.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $130,000. We consider job level, geography, and the skills and experience you bring to the team.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Ruby offers a comprehensive benefits package including a bonus program, medical, vision and dental insurance, a generous paid time off program, an employee stock ownership program, traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with a company match, paid parental leave for new parents, a wellness reimbursement fund, Sabbatical program, EAP, and life and disability insurance.
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Ruby is a U.S.-based live virtual receptionist company that creates meaningful and timely connections between our customers and their clients using our award-winning technology with our best-in-class services team. Trusted by more than 14,000 small businesses, Ruby delivers personalized customer experience solutions 24x7, 365 days a year giving critical time back in the day to our small business owners so they can freely pursue their purpose, cultivating diverse and thriving local economies.
Founded in 2003, Ruby has earned national and global recognition with honors such as a 2022 Gold Stevie awards for CEO of the Year and Customer Service Employer of the Year, designation from Fortune magazine as a Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S., inclusion in the Inc. Best Workplaces, repeat Great Places to Work rankings and 14 consecutive years as one of Portland’s Fastest Growing Businesses. Ruby has over 700 U.S based employees. To learn more, visit ruby.com.
Please mention the word **REASONABLY** and tag RMzQuODIuMjA2LjIy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuODIuMjA2LjIy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok