Posted 22 Dec 2022, 6:51 pm
Head of Treasury at Optimism
The Optimism Foundation is hiring a Head of Treasury to oversee allocation and management of the OP token treasury and Foundation financials. This person will blend traditional finance and crypto knowledge to make strategic decisions about growing the Collective economy. They will also be responsible for management, allocation, and reporting on Foundation and Collective financials.
This is a unique leadership role at one of the most creative and forward-looking technology companies working today. You’ll be expected to manage two main categories of work. The first is on traditional treasury and financial operations, to keep us compliant and organized. The second category of work is on capital deployment strategies and economic mechanism design, where we will rely on your strong foundation in economics and finance to think of creative ways to achieve our goals.
- Make recommendations to the Foundation’s board of directors on how to manage the economics of the Optimism ecosystem.
- Work alongside the DAO and protocol engineers to tune financial parameters of the protocol and guide decision making (such as on inflation parameters, sequencer revenue, cross-layer working capital management)
- Track, measure, and report on the efficacy of capital allocation strategies to guide decision making.
- Support the design and execution of financial experiments including retroactive public goods funding and token airdrops.
- Establish systems to ensure the effective management, reporting, and budgeting of the Foundation’s holdings in any currency.
- Manage a small team responsible for financial operations and administration.
- Develop an understanding of international crypto laws and regulations in order to keep Optimism safe and efficient.
You may be a fit if:
- You have extensive experience in a strategic finance, corporate development, or capital allocation role.
- You have strong opinions about growth and sustainability of crypto ecosystems. You can explain your favorite incentive mechanisms, tokenomics, or novel DeFi protocol with ease and enthusiasm.
- You have experience with or interest in open source business models.
- You’re biased towards action, and you roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and excel at finding a clear path forward from conflicting inputs.
- You’ve built and managed a team
- You live outside of the U.S. or are willing to move outside of the U.S.
Please mention the word **HOORAY** and tag RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok