Posted 21 Dec 2022, 0:25 pm
Senior Director Advanced Energy Storage Engineering at Energy Vault
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com.
Position Title: Sr. Director, Advanced Energy Storage Engineering
Location: Westlake Village, CA or REMOTE (USA)
About the role
We are seeking a hands-on individual to support bringing advanced energy storage technologies and products into our set of storage solutions. As a leader within the Advanced Energy Storage Development (AESD) team you will play a pivotal role in addressing the industry's key unmet need of low-cost, high-reliability platforms that can perform the core storage function underpinning long-duration energy storage projects. You will use your experience and expertise in the design and implementation of high-pressure gas and cryogenic systems to support the development of new technologies. As the technologies evolve you will use your experience in development testing to mature technologies through TRL level and into customer deployments.\n
What you will do
- Drive company's Advanced Energy Storage (AES) roadmap with specific focus on liquid and gaseous hydrogen, fuel cells, electrolizer and storage medium, and guide planning across development, demonstration, and deployment phases.
- Complete early, medium, and late phase system design complete with Fanno Flow Analysis, relief valve sizing per applicable code, and plumbing and component sizing and selection.
- Maintain relationships with universities, laboratories, companies, and other entities in the field across the globe to identify and assess nascent Hydrogen Energy Storage technologies and products for incorporation into company's solution portfolio. Manage onboarding processes (licensing, JDA, JV etc.) by leveraging internal and external resources.
- Drive development and assessment of commercial criteria into company's AES stage-gate process. Support development of technical criteria and assessment of internal and external Energy Storage technologies from TRL 5 through 9.
- Support engineering efforts to develop new energy storage products optimized technically and commercially for deployment in long-duration projects.
- Work with company's supply chain and manufacturing teams to evaluate and advance AES candidate technologies from MRL 5 through 8.
- Work with product management team to ensure applicable codes, standards, and product certifications across global markets are integrated into development activities. Lead AESD department's role in drafting of required product documentation (design guides, installation manuals, O&M manuals, etc.) and other elements necessary to transfer candidates into company’s commercial solution portfolio.
- Work with internal teams to track product specifications, project optimization, and performance of commercially offered lithium-ion & gravity solutions.
- Provide occasional consulting to Energy Vault's commercial projects for support, review of EPC engineering deliverables, and QA of final construction deliverables.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Master of Science degree or equivalent in Engineering, Physics, or related.
- 5+ years’ experience with gaseous and cryogenic systems.
- 3+ years’ experience designing and engineering of central plant (or equivalent) systems.
- 3+ years’ designing to appropriate regional, national, and international codes and standards, Specifically ASME B31.3, NFPA codes and NASA/Space Force Hydrogen codes and standards.
- Understanding of electrochemical, mechanical, thermal, and civil design challenges of the deployment of large gas/cryogenic liquid storage systems.
- Technical understanding of non-storage core equipment and elements essential to a project (enclosures, PCS, transformers, switchgear, compressors, construction, EMS, SCADA, operations, maintenance, etc.).
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- Experience in public companies is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.
Please mention the word **FUTURISTIC** and tag RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok