Posted 21 Dec 2022, 0:50 pm
BI and Data Analyst at OakNorth
OakNorth is a profitable business that has supported the growth of thousands of entrepreneurs with a new standard of business lending. We're looking for people to join our engineering team in building upon this success, as we grow to play a key part in redefining the future of business banking with next generation financial tools and products.
The role 👋
We're looking for data analysts who are passionate about self-serve analytics, data visualization and business intelligence.
We're looking for someone who can work - or is comfortable in learning to work - across the analytics stack but with a particular passion for building data UI to support the broader business.
You'd join our data platform squad as an immediate contributor. On day 1, expect to get stuck in and make contributions to our internal data tools. In month 1, expect to be designing and deploying data products that will be used throughout the bank.
Our squads are cross-functional, mission-driven, and autonomous, solving specific user and business problems. We have several product squads - you would initially join Data Platform but may move around based on squad needs and your fit.
What you’d work on ⛏️
We have several product squads that you may rotate through but, initially, this role is on the Data Platform squad.
The Data Platform squad looks after all internal data products and the data warehouse - it is our mission to deliver analytics that will empower the broader business in decision-making and business intelligence.
It’s a new team which is driving the ONB data strategy and has many opportunities for exciting, greenfield projects.\n
As a Data Analyst you would:
- Own the design, build and maintenance of best-in-class internal data products to support decision-making and BI
- Be an evangelist and driver of self-analytics across the business
- Support in product prioritisation and estimation of analytics solutions for the bank
- Work alongside analytics and data engineers to optimise our data warehouse, define best practices and improve data quality
- Support in data modelling, metadata design and testing within the data warehouse.
- 🎨 TypeScript, React, styled-components
- 🗃 Python, NodeJS
- 🗄️ PostgreSQL, BigQuery, MySQL, DBT, Looker
- 🔧 Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, pytest
- ☁️ AWS, GCP
- 🚀 Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, GitHub, CircleCI
How we expect you to work 👷♀️
- Collaborate 💬 - We work in cross-functional, mission driven, autonomous squads that gel over time.
- Focus on outcomes over outputs ✅ - Solving a problem for users that translates to business results is our goal. Measurements focused on that goal help us to understand if we are succeeding.
- Practice continuous improvement 💡 - We optimise for feedback now, rather than presume what might be needed in the future and introduce complexity before it will be used. This means we learn faster. We share learnings in blame-free formats, so that we do not repeat things that have failed, but still have confidence to innovate.
- Seek to understand our users 👂 - We constantly seek understanding from data and conversations to better serve our users' needs, taking an active part in research to hear from them directly and regularly.
- Embrace and enable continuous deployment 🤖 - Seamless delivery of changes into an environment - without manual intervention - is essential for us to ensure that we are highly productive; consider resiliency; and practice security by design.
- You build it, you run it ⚙️ - We embrace DevOps culture and end-to-end ownership of products and features. Every engineer, regardless of their role, has the opportunity to lead delivery of features from start to finish.
- Be cloud native ☁️ - We leverage automation and hosted services to deliver resilient, secure services quickly and consistently. Where SaaS tools help us achieve more productivity and better quality results for a cheap price, we use these to automate low value tasks.
How we expect you to behave ❤️
- We embrace difference and know that when we can be ourselves at work, we are happier, more motivated and creative. We want to be able to bring our whole selves to work, have our own perspectives and know that we belong. As such, through your behaviours at work, we expect you to reflect and actively sustain a healthy engineering environment that looks like this:
- A wide range of voices heard to the benefit of all
- Teams that are clearly happy, engaged, and laugh together
- Perceivable safety to have an opinion or ask a question
- No egos - people listen to and learn from others at all levels, with strong opinions held loosely
What makes working here better 😍
- Flexible, remote-first 🏠 - A flexible, UK remote-first team with a dedicated London office available 5 days a week to use as we want to.
- Work-life balance 🌴 - 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) each year, and enhanced family leave allowances.
- Competitive salary & equity 🏦 - We want people to have a serious stake in the business.
- Good kit 💻 - Your choice of the best laptop, running macOS or Ubuntu.
- Team socials 🎉 - The opportunity to get to know each other outside of work.
- Company socials 🥡 - A chance to catch up and meet new colleagues weekly over informal office breakfasts and dinners on OakNorth - or at our free barista bar every day.
- Commuter support 🚲 - We offer the cycle to work scheme.
We’re OakNorth Bank and we embolden entrepreneurs to realise their ambitions, understand their markets, and apply data intelligence to everyday decisions to scale successfully at pace.
Banking should be barrier-free. It’s a belief at our very core, inspired by our entrepreneurial spirit, driven by the unmet financial needs of millions, and delivered by our data-driven tools.
And for those who love helping businesses thrive? Our savings accounts help diversify the high street and create new jobs, all while earning savers some of the highest interest on the market.
But we go beyond finance, to empower our people, encourage professional growth and create an environment where everyone can thrive. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves and succeed.
OakNorth Bank was built on the foundations of frustrations with old-school banking. In 2005, when our founders tried to get capital for their data analytics company, the computer said ‘no’. Unfortunately, all major banks in the UK were using the same computer – and it was broken.
Why was it so difficult for a profitable business with impressive cashflow, retained clients, and clear commercial success to get a loan?
The industry was backward-looking and too focused on historic financials, rather than future potential.
So, what if there was a bank, founded by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs? One that offered a dramatically better borrowing experience for businesses?
No more what ifs, OakNorth Bank exists.
Please mention the word **SKILL** and tag RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNzQuOTguMjI4LjExMg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok