Posted 21 Dec 2022, 0:55 am
Senior DevOps Engineer at Twist Bioscience
Sr DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Twist, you will be working closely with the eCommerce, Salesforce, Bioinformatics and MES software groups to build and automate systems to deploy and monitor scalable, high-availability systems critical to the success of our business and the future of DNA synthesis on a massive scale. You will have significant impact throughout the company and your passion will be quickly felt and recognized.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Influence the development of solutions that impact strategic projects/program goals and business results
- Constantly evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions as the industry evolves, and develop standardized best practices
- Maintain domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architectures and best practices
- Resolve highly complex problems using a significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualization, reasoning and interpretation
- Follow regulatory and ISO 13485 requirements
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering and minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Managing Docker container deployment and orchestration including AWS ECS and Kubernetes
- Deep system-level familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting in Bash. Python knowledge a plus.
- Authoring automated deployments using Terraform.
- Automated provision/orchestration of AWS resources (e.g. via CloudFormation or other frameworks)
- System performance monitoring, reporting and optimization
- Source control in Git
- Experience with container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures.
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Experience with automated build in Jenkins or similar CI tools
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration frameworks
- Experience in managing multiple AWS environments and AWS ecosystem.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Deep understanding of high-performance/distributed computing concepts, software development lifecycle and database and query performance monitoring/tuning
- Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis programmatically
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or AWS SysOps Administrator
Please mention the word **RESPECTABLE** and tag RMy4xNDUuMTg5LjEzMg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4xNDUuMTg5LjEzMg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok