Posted 25 Nov 2022, 5:14 pm
Detection and Response Engineer Latin America at Bitmex
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
We are looking for a Detection and Response Engineer to join us in the Security Response Team here at BitMEX. If you have a keen eye for detail and believe that successful Security Response activities begin with proactive hunting and competent engineering, we want to talk to you.
This is a remote position for the Latin America regions. Occasional overnight and weekend on-calls are required for this role.
- Responsible for threat detection and monitoring of high fidelity security alerts (that you will have a hand in defining)
- Perform Incident Response activities to resolve security incidents and minimize risk for the organization
- Identify security gaps and implement constant improvements to our security stack
- Communicate effectively with lines of business and clients to address complex information security issues
- 3+ years of experience working in a Security Operations role and experience handling security incidents from triage to remediation
- Experience with dealing with a SIEM tool such as Splunk or ELK
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of Security frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK and how they can be used to understand and defend against cyber attacks.
- Familiar with shell scripting, or another scripting language such as Python
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
Please mention the word **OUTPERFORMS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok