Posted 25 Nov 2022, 7:10 pm
Senior Product Counsel Crypto & Blockchain at Figure
Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In four short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
This role will contribute to building out Figure’s innovative Marketplace product – a platform that supports issuing and trading of digital assets using blockchain, including a FINRA-approved alternative trading system – and other crypto and blockchain products. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships cross-functionally with various stakeholders to tackle new legal questions and reach creative solutions. Our Legal team plays a central role in Figure’s hyper growth and the realization of our mission of leveraging blockchain to transform financial services.
What you’ll do
- Counsel the product team and other stakeholders on legal and regulatory issues related to the development of various digital asset financial products and services and the use of blockchain and smart contract related technology therewith and Figure’s marketplace business - including capital raises, secondary trading on the FINRA-approved alternative trading system and other broker-dealer activities - throughout the product development and implementation lifecycle.
- Draft commercial and intellectual property agreements and disclosures affecting the company's products and services
- Coordinate and collaborate across Figure’s product, engineering, compliance, fiance, sales, marketing and business teams relating to product development
- Remain up-to-date on relevant digital assets, blockchain, securities and technology laws and regulations to ensure compliance therewith
- Providing legal support, analysis, and interpretation in connection with legislative and policy developments
What we look for
- 8+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments
- J.D. and membership with at least one state bar
- Expertise in the regulation of digital assets and crypto transactions and platforms and blockchain technology matters (including smart contracts and digital wallets) in the provision of financial services and products
- Substantial subject matter expertise in securities laws and regulations (including the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and Investment Company Act of 1940) and legal and regulatory experience in money transmission laws, cryptocurrency regulations (including BitLicense), banking and payment services regulations, global privacy regulations, and sanctions laws.
- Experience with the regulatory framework surrounding private securities issuance, secondary trading (in particular, alternative trading systems) and broker-dealer regulatory issues
- Experience with venture backed companies, including assisting with venture raises, tender offers and secondary trading
- Product counseling experience in blockchain, crypto and securities products, including the ability to apply laws and regulations to new products and/or technologies, and the ability to review products and related functionality for compliance with applicable laws
- Self-starter who will take ownership of projects
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please mention the word **ENERGETIC** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok