Posted 16 Nov 2022, 2:47 pm
Director Accounting at Netlify
With ~3 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern web development based on Jamstack, composable architecture and MACH. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications.
About the Opportunity:
Netlify is looking to temporary contractor to help us through the end of 2022 & start of 2023. Ideal consultant can provide 20-40 hours a week in augmented support of our Accounting organization. Seeking an experienced Director of Accounting to both drive work to completion and manage the accounting team.
What You’ll Do:
- Own daily general ledger operations (A/R, A/P, Payroll, etc.)
- Drive first audit for the company
- Help prepare and finalize technical memos
- Review payroll reconciliations, expense accruals, and other accounts as part of month-end close
- Work closely with the Head of Finance in managing month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes for US and International Entities
- Implement process efficiencies to reduce the time to close and own flux presentations to budget owners
- Partner cross-functionally in order to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, report preparation, and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Own administration of financial operations software (Airbase, TripActions, Expensify, Netsuite, Braintree, etc.) and spearhead future implementations of software as the company scales
- Mentor and lead a team of 3 accountants
What You'll Bring:
- 4-year degree in Accounting/Finance required, CPA preferred
- 10+ years work experience. Ideally a mix of operational experience at startups and Big Four accounting firms
- Experience with Netsuite & Zuora
- Experience leading and build high performing teams
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- Accounting research and problem solving skills required
- Highly detail oriented and ability to multitask is a valuable asset
- Deep understanding of GAAP and how to apply accounting rules across various processes and systems
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams to drive outcomes
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include:
A resume or short listing of your job history & skills (link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We appreciate a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role at Netlify to get to know you a bit better, though this is not required and will not impact your application. Our mission is to “build a better web” and that cannot be done without a diversity of skill sets, backgrounds and thoughts.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team. Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
At Netlify, we’re on a mission to build a better web by making it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications. We are a Series D company with a $2B valuation and have raised over $200M from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT, Bessemer, BOND and Menlo Ventures. As a globally distributed organization, we aim to create a company culture where the best idea can come from anywhere and strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our About page.
Please mention the word **REVOLUTIONIZE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok