Posted 10 Nov 2022, 8:10 pm
Turnaround & Restructuring Vice President at Accordion Partners
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Turnaround & Restructuring:
Our nationally recognized turnaround, restructuring and advisory team serves companies and their stakeholders across a wide spectrum of industries and sizes, with a focus on the middle market. We provide clients with a team of seasoned professionals who have notable track records of creating value through both operational turnarounds and financial restructurings.
We are actively recruiting Turnaround & Restructuring professionals to join our team. You will provide extensive financial and operational support on client engagements across a variety of industries and markets; utilize experience and on the job training to successfully deliver reports, models, and work product that helps guide the direction and decisions related to client turnaround and/or restructuring objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform analysis of current and historical business performance and capital structure
- Develop 13-week cash flow forecasts that outline the liquidity profile and cash needs
- Create dynamic financial models that exhibit the client’s historical and potential future performance
- Support the creation and preparation of corporate strategic plans
- Provide implementation support to approved business plans and strategies
- Engage with client personnel and management as necessary to achieve objectives
- Develop and furnish appraisal of business options and contingency plans as needed
- Effectively gather, analyze and organize large data sets which may be incomplete
- Support the development of quality client deliverables
- Provide interim support on operating functions and job duties as directed
- Assist in bankruptcy preparation and administration
Ideally, You Have:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate (preferred) business degree with concentration in finance, accounting and/or operations
- At least six years of relevant professional work experience
- Hands-on experience building / developing / maintaining fully dynamic, integrated 3-statement financial and 13 week cash flow models
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build and sustain strong and trusted relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise and aptitude with conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, particularly with constructing integrated financial models, analyzing financial underperformance and related services
- Experience working on projects delivering independent business reviews, short term cash flow assessments, capital structure analysis and contingency planning
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment
- Deep understanding of how to interpret and analyze financial statements
- Strong analytical and business writing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently yet understand when to ask for guidance
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable working on projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please mention the word **GUSH** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok