Posted 10 Nov 2022, 11:20 pm
Computational Biologist Algorithm & Pipeline Development at Parse Biosciences
WHO ARE WE
At Parse Biosciences we are passionate about our mission of accelerating progress in human health and scientific research. At the core of our company is the Evercode technology - our pioneering approach for single-cell sequencing through split-pool combinatorial barcoding. Single-cell sequencing has already enabled groundbreaking discoveries which have led to new understandings of cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system. At Parse, we are providing researchers with the ability to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease.
In this role as a Computational Biologist, you will be responsible for developing algorithms and pipelines for Parse’s future single cell multi-omics products, in addition to improving pipelines for existing single cell RNA-seq products.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL
- Design, prototype, develop, and test computational pipelines for single cell omics data
- Construct and implement state of the art algorithms related to alignment and sequence assembly
- Continuously iterate and improve existing single-cell pipelines
- Receive and incorporate feedback from customers and the applications support team
- Establish key metrics to quantify performance of single cell pipelines
- Contribute to the architecture and input/output specifications of each single-cell pipeline
- Improve customer visualization of output data
- Collaborate with R&D to provide input and analysis for ongoing experiments
- Create integrations with open-source analysis tools such as Seurat and Scanpy
- Compare performance to other state of the art single cell pipelines
- Write clear and concise documentation for internal and external users
- Develop training materials for different internal teams including research and applications support
FOR THIS POSITION, WE LOOK FOR
- Someone excited about building tools that will be used by thousands of single cell researchers
- A track record of algorithm development and implementation and be enthused about
- Experience with sequence alignment and assembly and solid understanding of underlying algorithms
- 4+ years of experience with NGS pipeline and algorithm development
- Competency with version control such as Git
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data visualization skills
- Experience with single-cell data is preferred
- Molecular biology lab experience is a plus but not required
- A Masters or PhD in computational biology, computer science, or related field
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.
Please mention the word **FONDNESS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok