Posted 9 Nov 2022, 2:25 pm
Senior Software Engineer Backend at Stord
About the Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Inventory) Position:
We are looking for a talented and fast-paced engineer with 6+ years experience to join our team and assist with product expansion.
This role will work specifically on the Inventory team which is at the core of our platform. The Inventory team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the centralized inventory system for our Stord One Commerce platform. Members focus on ensuring the data accuracy of our Inventory system as well as working on enhancements that provide real time updates to upstream and downstream systems that rely on our inventory data
STORD engineers work within a team to contribute, improve, and scale our software; you'll fully own entire features and influence the specs, build out/modify the back-end (Elixir/Phoenix) and interact with the front-end (React), and own on-going improvements for a product rapidly impacting the entire third-party logistics (3PL) industry. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations.
What You'll Do:
- Own the software as you create, test, iterate, and deliver new features to the STORD platform
- Work across the company to understand customer and vendor pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by smart, driven individuals who are passionate about doing their best work every day
- Solve a wide variety of technical challenges as well as supply chain challenges that have yet to be solved
- Ensure that information security (IS) commitments and requirements are incorporated into the information technology processes, and that managers are enforcing IS policies and procedures in their departments.
What You'll Need:
- Passion for building the highest-quality software that delights the user
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup
- Eager to learn Elixir/Phoenix; experience with MVC frameworks
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Experience turning wireframes into production-level features
- The ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- The drive to solve problems
- Backend Development
- Kafka (or Event Driven Systems)
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with Elixir or other functional programming language (OR plenty of experience with many languages)
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Previous experience in Fintech
- React or React Native experience
Please mention the word **WORKS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok