Posted 9 Nov 2022, 2:26 pm
Sales Commissions Analyst at Checkr
As a Sales Commissions Analyst, you will report to the Manager, Technical Revenue and play a key role within the Accounting organization. Specifically, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely commissions calculations and reporting as well as maintaining Checkr’s capitalized costs to obtain a contract accounting (in accordance with ASC 340-40). Additionally, you will be a key contributor to ensuring Checkr’s revenue reporting remains compliant in accordance with ASC 606 as well as assisting with various other processes within the Technical Accounting organization (such as contract review and technical memo writing). This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional, so you must be smart & resourceful, demonstrate initiative, and be able to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will combine your financial modeling experience with knowledge of financial reporting & accounting to become a trusted business partner throughout the revenue team and the rest of the organization.
- Ownership of the sales compensation and commission processes. Continually improving these processes and pushing automation while maintaining compliance with ASC 340-40 for accurate revenue related expense reporting
- Assist in managing Checkr’s revenue share processes, relationships with external Partners and internal Business Development team
- Contract review and analysis relating to new sales and renewal deals to ensure Checkr is recognizing revenue from new & existing contracts in accordance with ASC 606
- Assist in maintaining Checkr’s technical accounting documentation as well as researching and providing conclusions for new accounting positions
- Scope and manage analytical projects driven by the needs of the business such as financial analysis, revenue analysis, and other ad hoc projects
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, Finance, and Business Development teams, managing multiple projects at a time with impeccable attention to detail and timelines
- Assistance in yearly financial audits along with other regulatory reporting
What you bring:
- 3+ years of Accounting, Finance or related field experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of ASC 340-40 (Cost to Obtain a Contract) and ASC 606 (Revenue Recognition) is critical
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Ability to manage/create complex models/calculations
- Must be comfortable analyzing large data sets
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze complex sales plans contracts and parse out pertinent information
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with revenue teams and G&A functions
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite and/or Oracle, and CaptivateIQ is a plus
- Public accounting experience preferred, Big 4 audit experience is a plus
- CPA or CPA track is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $97,538 - $114,750, depending on experience.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please mention the word **MERRINESS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok