Posted 8 Nov 2022, 2:46 pm
Senior Software Engineer Platform at PagerDuty
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
We don’t hire based on experience with a handful of tools - experience with our stack is just a bonus. Instead, we want smart, capable people who can learn our tools quickly (and suggest new ones!) as needed. Some of the technologies that have been introduced by our great engineers include: Node.js, Java, Python, C#, etc.
- You will work with a wide range of high volume systems, processes, and technologies to build features and solve customer problems.
- You will build and ship new customer-facing features, working directly with a product manager, customer support team, and a team of engineers.
- You will collaborate with other teams (such as product, UX, and other engineering teams) to deliver the highest quality experience on all platforms.
- You will provide code reviews for your fellow team members.
- You, along with your team members, will own and maintain the production systems that you build over the long term, be on-call for production issues, and steer the future direction of the components.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful, large-scale, cross-team engineering projects
- You have a demonstrated ability to drive and improve a domain
- You are capable of leading technical discussions and help drive technical decisions within the team
- You are proactive and have great communication; you are capable of working highly independently with minimal supervision
- You ensure you completely understand a problem before proposing a solution
- You are an engineering generalist, you love learning new skills and technology, and are passionate about solving problems regardless of language or domain
- You are able to work in areas outside your comfort zone and are actively looking for opportunities for personal growth
- You have experience coaching and mentoring others
- You have 5+ years of development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems.
- You have experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability,
- availability, and performance requirements.
- You have experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback.
- You have at least one web programming framework (e.g. Express/NodeJS, Phoenix/Elixir, Ruby on Rails).
- You have experience with tools that ensure your high-quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments.
Please mention the word **CASHBACK** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok