Posted 5 Nov 2022, 2:40 pm
Professional Services Solutions Architect at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet’s Professional Services team helps customers adopt the Planet Platform and rapidly realize return on investment in Planet data and analytics.
Professional Services Solutions Architects are experienced technologists who work with Planet’s highest profile customers to architect their implementations of Planet's product offerings. For this role, as a Solutions Architect you will be responsible for implementing new software and web applications that extend the Planet platform and deliver new capabilities for our customers. You’ll perform advanced design, development, and implementation of Planet Professional Services software solutions.
This position is being offered full-time with the candidate able to work either on-site in Planet’s office in DC or remotely.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build and maintain geospatial solutions for Planet’s highest profile customers. Help customers, from C-level executives to software architects, be successful with implementing the Planet Platform
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from design, implementation, documentation and testing and help set standards and champion processes across the team
- Assist the project scoping process with requirement collection and documentation, transforming them into solution/software design and providing technical feedback on proposals
- Lead the technical delivery of solid and maintainable software. Develop features across multiple subsystems including collaboration in prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment
- Package and support deployment of releases. Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software, as needed
- Support the Planet’s commercial organization by analyzing and resolving technical and application problems both internally and externally
What You Bring:
- Computer science, software engineering or related degree with 5+ years demonstrated experience working with Python for building geospatial applications to process imagery, manipulating vector data, interacting with APIs and building data processing pipelines
- Experience with remote sensing data analysis and delivery, e.g. using OSGEO, GDAL and other remote sensing specific software tools
- Proficiency developing and debugging complex software systems in both Linux based OS and Windows environments
- Solid understanding of cloud computing environments and deploying and administering solutions in cloud server environments
- Experience using JIRA or similar issue tracking software
- Good communication skills and able to work in a geographically distributed team environment as well as to manage multiple tasks and perform work on time
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQL) and distributed databases (NoSQL)
- Experience with containerized build and deployment processes and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Experience working with USG particularly DOD/IC
- Ability to hold a TS/SCI Clearance
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $156,600 - $243,900. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Please mention the word **FECILITOUS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok