Posted 5 Nov 2022, 2:40 pm
Senior Product Designer Design Systems at Gusto
Gusto's Design System helps teams build great user experiences for our customers, small and medium size businesses, and their employees. The Design Systems team focuses on solving real user needs, ship products faster, avoid re-inventing solutions, ensure accessibility, and improve performance across platforms.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a Product Designer on the Design Systems Team, your work will drive Gusto forward as the people platform for small and medium businesses by empowering designers and engineers to build high-quality user experiences.
If you are a high contributor to design systems who thrives on making major business impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Define and standardize reusable design patterns and components in Figma
- Serve as primary owner of our Figma UI Kit including component design and maintenance
- Partner with design, engineering, brand, and research to establish, build, and maintain a comprehensive library of shared components
- Provide enablement support to a team of 40+ product designers that use the system
- Set up knowledge-sharing processes that promote collaboration, pairing, and training
- Develop and maintain clear documentation of Gusto product philosophy and principles as it relates to patterns and components
- Advocate for accessibility standards and inclusive design principles
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 6+ years experience in product design, including experience building and evolving an effective design system
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills, with expert command of visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, and brand systems
- Familiarity of platform conventions for responsive Web as well as iOS and Android
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and use of research to inform design solutions
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A strong emphasis on collaboration and feedback as a driver of success in their product design process
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $150,000 to $178,00/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $163,000 to $216,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Please mention the word **GENTLEST** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok