Posted 9 Mar 2022, 1:15 pm
Network Engineer at Vox Media, LLC
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the role:
As Network Engineer, you will collaborate with multiple IT and business teams for the successful planning, execution and delivery of all initiatives. Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate about project delivery, planning, executing and maintaining the security and reliability of our network. The person in this role will help define the standards for our company network and provide solutions to maintain reliable connections to all services for our employees and guests. This position will report to the Manager of IT Networks and will be based in New York, New York; limited travel required to other offices and events.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and install networking solutions for Vox Media.
- Troubleshoot network, Wifi and connectivity issues, and assist staff with network related issues.
- Define, document, and enforce security and system standards.
- Create diagrams that convey topologies and traffic flows, ensuring systems interoperability.
- Analyze network performance data and statistics and provide recommendations and roadmaps.
- Stay current with industry trends bringing new solution options
- Provide training, mentoring, and tier 3 support for employees
- Travel is required up to 10% of the time
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of configuring and supporting Aruba Access Points, Cisco and Juniper Switches
- Experience configuring and maintaining network security Firewalls (Juniper, Fortigate)
- Experience implementing and maintaining network security procedures and policy management.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting Routing Protocols (BGP)
- Thorough understanding of SD-WAN and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Analytical Skills: Review systems and issues to improve operational effectiveness
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols
Bonus points for:
- Experience implementing and operating AWS architectures and environments
- Experience implementing and maintaining Network Monitoring Tools (PRTG, Nagios, SevOne)
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Bash scripting.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Vox Media is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees. All employees in our offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, including submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and wearing a face covering in our offices.
Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, and we will never contact you via text message.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok