Posted 5 Nov 2022, 5:11 pm
Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Brave
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for a [Senior] Machine Learning Engineer to join the research team and work on advancing Brave’s use of in-browser machine learning in features such as Brave Ads and Brave News. This job involves working side-by-side with developers, researchers and stakeholders. Your work will impact the 55+MM monthly Brave users. Learn more about the Brave Research team here.
An ideal candidate will have a mix of skills that include the following:
- Has a proven track record implementing data driven products and a broad understanding of the state of the art in machine learning
- Familiarity with techniques such as NLP, Word Embeddings, Federated learning, Reinforcement LearningBandits, Exploratory Data Analysis, Data Cleansing, A/B Testing
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- Able to create and deploy machine learning pipelines
- Has a passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- Comfortable working with a geographically-distributed software development team
Nice to haves
- Experience with the Chromium code base or other similar browser code base
- Experience in Privacy-preserving/decentralized/federated machine learning
- Knowledge of adtech and/or news recommendation
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
Please mention the word **SHINY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok