Posted 5 Nov 2022, 7:10 pm
Technical Lead Storage at NEAR
NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role:
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for an engineer to work on the protocol specification and its implementation in Rust. You will be working with complex concurrent systems, low-level code, complicated state machines, and novel algorithms.
You will be expected to fully own various components and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team.
- Design and implementation of various complex Rust components.
- End-to-end ownership of various components.
- Design of new protocol changes.
- Performance tuning and optimizations.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities.
- Participating in the on-call rotation.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience developing a cloud-based database product.
- Fluency with algorithms and data structures.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies fast.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Ability to go from design to implementation fast.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Rust or alternatively but less preferred C++ or Go.
- Experience with concurrency or parallelism.
We'd Love If You Have:
- Experience with open source database development.
- Familiarity with internals of other blockchains.
- Knowledge of cryptography.
- Knowledge of compilers or virtual machines.
- Knowledge of networks or operating systems.
Locations: Anywhere in the world
Working at NEAR: Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.
Please mention the word **ETHICAL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok