Posted 3 Nov 2022, 1:50 pm
Technical Sales Manager at Shift5
Shift5 is seeking a full-time Technical Sales Manager to join our growing team. We’re seeking an adept pre-sales technologist with experience listening to and aligning Shift5 solutions to prospective customers within the Federal, Defense and Commercial markets. Like our product, many of our customers are unique and operate in a variety of special communities with core missions ranging from national defense and counterterrorism to commercial passenger and logistics. We’re looking for someone who understands, has represented, worked with, or has sold technology solutions that provide exceptional value to these communities. If this sounds like you, and you’re a results oriented individual with a passion for flawless customer delivery, keep reading because you might be the perfect fit for the team and our customers.
In this role, your primary responsibility is to accurately assess a customer’s technical capabilities to successfully demonstrate Shift5’s products applicability to their platforms and convey the Shift5 value. You’ll operate in a team based environment with engineers, program managers and sales professionals to drive the account to a technical win. This role resides in our Field Engineering team and reports directly to our Principal Engineering lead who oversees final product implementation on customer platforms.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing cybersecurity company. We specialize in cybersecurity technology for operational systems, data collection, and insights for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels. Come join us.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Preparing and presenting technical demonstrations
- Fostering business relationships with technical members of prospective customers
- Maintain power user level understanding of Shift5’s core product and be able to assist in use case discussions and development
- Work with Sales, Product, Engineering and Marketing to build useful documentation and processes to keep the sales team and customers informed
- Drive technical trials and proof of concepts to solve core business challenges and validate technical competency
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple departments to get deals completed
We're looking for someone who is/has:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Prior technical sales experience (5+ years)
- Technical aptitude to be able to learn a new product quickly
- Practical experience designing technical solutions to meet Federal government customer requirements
- Practical understanding of onboard technologies such as avionics systems, drive/fly-by-wire systems and serial based technologies used by vehicles and aircraft
- Passionate about crafting client-ready presentations, white papers, OV-1/SV-1, and discussion documents that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate as well as structurally and grammatically correct
- Validated experience communicating the business value of a technical solution to an executive audience and technical partners
- Experience delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience administering both Linux and Windows systems - Linux preferred
- Clear and effective communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.
Please mention the word **IMAGINATIVE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok