Posted 2 Nov 2022, 3:55 am
Full Stack Senior Software Developer at Ruby Receptionists HQ
We are looking for experienced a Full Stack - Senior Software Developer to help us create fantastic user experiences and advance multiple initiatives in both the engineering and product spaces. As a senior engineer, you will help shape the future of our software as we iterate and improve our existing microservices based, cloud-first, industry leading enterprise applications used by thousands of our customers daily. You will use your skills to develop cool new applications for both internal and external stakeholders in web-based technologies.
The Full Stack - Senior Software Developer will work within one of our Scrum teams and report to the team’s Engineering Manager. This position can be remote with the option of working out of our offices in the Portland, OR metro area, or fully remote (state-dependent).
- Swift, Kotlin, Java
- Angular, Angular Material, Sass, React
- MariaDB, MongoDB, SQL Server
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Developing new C# microservices, APIs, and Angular web applications as a core member of a Scrum team.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing Angular applications, back end microservices and all associated software components.
- Sharing and documenting system and domain knowledge with other members of our team.
- Embodying the Agile mindset and supporting the Scrum framework to help the scrum team complete their sprints and increase and maintain a predictable velocity.
- Work with Product Management to refine priorities and stakeholder needs.
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team.
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactoring to the code baseline.
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level.
- Provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- Working collaboratively with other team members, including Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers, and other Software Engineers within our Scrum process to develop efficient, reusable, and reliable software.
Key Success Indicators
- You are proud of the work you do and want to work for a company that shares your values.
- You are collaborative and have a reputation for doing what you say you’ll
- You have solid communication skills and demonstrate the ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are deeply accountable for your work. Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- Others would point to you as someone they’d love to work with, and your innovative solutions inspire us all to do great work.
- You can extract big-picture ideas into workable processes and functional design.
- You jump at the opportunity to pitch in and feed the greater good; no job is too big or small when you can lend a helping hand.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong ability to mentor less senior engineers
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Software Development.
- Experience with C#/.NET background; .NET Core a plus
- Experience with front-end web frameworks/libraries, such as Angular
- Strong relational database background (MS-SQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred).
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful services and working in a Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Familiarity with Git or another distributed version control system.
- Understanding of design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience with Docker/containerization, unit testing, CI/CD a plus.
- Experience with AWS or Azure a plus.
- A growth mindset, with the desire to constantly learn - and share - new knowledge
Candidates near Portland, OR have the option to work in our beautiful open-concept office. Ruby requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on their booster before working in-office, full-time or hybrid. If an in-office environment isn’t for you or the distance is prohibitive, working from home is also an option for most positions, unless otherwise stated in the job ad. The position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and computer.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby is a U.S.-based live virtual receptionist company that creates meaningful and timely connections between our customers and their clients using our award-winning technology with our best-in-class services team. Trusted by more than 14,000 small businesses, Ruby delivers personalized customer experience solutions 24x7, 365 days a year giving critical time back in the day to our small business owners so they can freely pursue their purpose, cultivating diverse and thriving local economies.
Founded in 2003, Ruby has earned national and global recognition with honors such as a 2022 Gold Stevie awards for CEO of the Year and Customer Service Employer of the Year, designation from Fortune magazine as a Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S., inclusion in the Inc. Best Workplaces, repeat Great Places to Work rankings and 14 consecutive years as one of Portland’s Fastest Growing Businesses. Ruby has over 700 U.S based employees. To learn more, visit ruby.com.
Please mention the word **CONGRATULATORY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok