Posted 2 Nov 2022, 4:30 pm
Senior Mobile Engineer Swift at Photobooth Supply Co
We make elegant iOS-based photo booths connected to peripherals like printers, DSLR cameras, and LEDs. It's all powered on the backend by a Node.js API, MongoDB database, and several microservices (also written in Node).
If you are a kind, respectful, and thoughtful Swift developer who wants to focus on building a high-quality, mobile-first product with some tough engineering problems to solve, read on!
There are about 15 of us on the development team, and we work collaboratively with project and product management to build software that's so good that our clients don't even notice it exists. We need your help building a new version of our software that uses modern best practices and includes app support for some fun new projects coming up in the next year or two.
You'd be working in a collaborative, remote-first environment, but we respect the need for independent and heads-down deep work, so we don't have a lot of meetings or bureaucracy. If you are looking for a workplace that respects you as a person, and will both expect and help you to perform at your best, we are the place for you!
What You'll Work On
The app you'd be working on is a hybrid iOS app written in Swift and React Native. You'd be exposed to React Native, but it's not a requirement to apply.
Our software supports our photobooths, including lots of really fun features to make the experience fresh for guests. That means we use AR technology, process and save photos and videos (without a guaranteed internet connection), all packaged up in a nicely animated and easy-to-use interface. This isn't your run-of-the-mill app, and you'll have a chance to deep dive into some difficult technical problems, as well as make a meaningful impact on the millions of people who've recorded memories with our software.
- Build great software and make our clients super happy!
- Thinking! We're hiring you for your brains, not just your hands.
- Make recommendations (and implement them!) for how to improve overall software quality.
- Integrate with our photobooth hardware: cameras, LEDs, and custom firmware we've built.
- Integrate with 1st-party products and services such as our API and other microservices.
- Process photos and videos in realtime, fast!
- Augmented Reality (AR), face recognition, filters and effects, hand gestures, animations
- Dive into difficult technical problems and collaborate with others on the team to decide and record on decisions (example: how could you share a large video with other people at a wedding where there's no internet access?)
- Most importantly, you MUST be kind, respectful, and thoughtful. Strong opinions are very welcome. Jerks are not.
- Secondly, you must be willing to work in the context of a team. Yes, many of your deliverables will be due to heads-down programming, but you can't work in a vacuum or ivory tower.
- Hands-on work experience as a senior-level iOS developer.
- Track record of building high-quality, battle-tested software.
- Experience integrating with APIs, preferably at a SaaS company.
- Experience with all the basics: version control, CI, agile development, communication tools like Slack, etc
- We are a remote-first company, but you need several hours of overlap with Pacific Time so you can collaborate synchronously with the team. You will need to confirm that you reside within GMT-8 to GMT-3.
🏥 Health Benefits
📚 Education Stipend
💻 Remote Work
💰 Bonus Plan
🏝️ Annual Retreat
✈️ Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
💼 Quarterly Financial Meetings
📊 Open Book Management
💪 Close-Knit Team
Please mention the word **CUSHY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok