Posted 1 Nov 2022, 9:16 am
Product Designer at FetLife
At FetLife we are looking for an experienced Product Designer to help us better serve the community.
At many companies, product designers are split up into multiple roles: UX Designer, UI Designer, Front-end Developer, etc. At FetLife, a Product Designer is all of those.
Our designers are generalists that can whip up tasteful & modern designs in HTML and CSS without having to resort to using Sketch, Figma or any other design tool. We believe that design works best when it’s fully integrated into our platform, allowing designers, product managers, and engineers to fully understand a design in all its shapes (mobile, desktop, etc.).
As a Product Designer you will be a vital part of pushing FetLife forward and will be responsible for:
- Designing new features using HTML & CSS
- Working with Product Management and Engineers to bring your designs to life
- Improving our visual design language through iterative improvements
- Improving our usability and accessibility through iterative improvements
- Improving and contributing to our SVG icon library
- Writing clear, concise, and persuasive copy #copyisdesign
- Continuously iterating and improving our design system
Currently, our entire platform is built as a majestic Rails monolith, using Vue.js with Typescript on the front-end.
We're looking for someone who has proven experience designing for large web applications.
Ideally, you have experience:
- Designing in HTML & Utility-First CSS (Tailwind or Tachyons)
- Maintaining design systems using Storybook
- Working with Sketch or Figma to design SVG icons and illustrations
- Making accessibility improvements in HTML
Additionally, since we're 100% remote, we:
- Highly value strong written communicators
- Require at least a few hours of overlap from 8-12 AM EST (2-6 PM CET)
FetLife is the largest kinky social network on this side of the Milky Way. We:
- Have over 10 million members and growing
- Grew 100% by word-of-mouth
- Serve over 1.5 billion requests a day
You can find our team and core values here.
Pay & Benefits
We use a standardised salary calculator for each position to ensure we are competitive, fair, and consistent. For this specific role, the rate is between $105k - $150k USD / year. Rate is dependent on the level you are currently at.
Additionally, we offer:
- Paid time off:
- 2 weeks vacation
- 5 statutory holidays (e.g. Easter & Thanksgiving)
- 2 weeks during Christmas*
- 4-day workweeks during the summer months (July & August)*
- 1 retreat a year (e.g. the last one's were in Malaga, Miami, Vancouver, Tennessee, and Montreal)
- A yearly anniversary gift of your choosing (200$ USD for every year with us, e.g. 4th anniversary is $800)
- Reimbursed music subscription
- Fully paid maternal or parental leave
*Not guaranteed, but have happened every year
Note: We believe the traditional hiring process is broken, so we do things a bit differently. We first bring people as a part-time or full-time contractor so that we can get to know each other. If both sides enjoy working with each other, we make you an official offer.
Please mention the word **CLEAN** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok