Posted 31 Oct 2022, 6:15 pm
Senior Lab Information Systems Analyst at Vir Biotechnology, Inc.
Vir's IT Department supports staff based in offices and laboratories in the US and Switzerland as well as remote employees. Vir's IT architecture is cloud-first, leveraging a set of integrated SaaS applications to provide a digital workplace for Vir staff.
Vir Bio is seeking an experienced Senior Lab Information Systems Analyst. This role will focus on providing IT support to laboratory operations at Vir facilities in San Francisco, CA as well as occasional global support for R&D systems in a fast paced research environment. You will focus on Vir's growing research team while providing support to research and lab users globally.
Relocation Assistance Available!
Location: San Francisco
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Build relationships with business partners including users across R&D, Tech Ops, Quality, and Regulatory. Present ideas and issue resolutions clearly and concisely.
- Work with scientific groups to understand and document their process workflows and data management/analytic requirements using interviews, workshops, use cases, and requirements gathering. Coordinate with IT business analysts and engineers to establish cohesive solutions that will meet laboratory and research needs.
- Act as research and lab IT systems administrator including providing new user training and setting up users, roles, and access levels.
- Provide tier-2 support for R&D applications and instrument system incidents reported through the helpdesk.
- Work with application and instrument vendors and provide assistance to configure new systems, resolve application incidents, and update systems.
- Perform daily monitoring of R&D applications in production use and implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with Vir policies and procedures.
- Serve as primary IT contact for specified R&D systems, ensuring both vendor and internal activities are on track through well-defined action plans and communication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, or other scientific discipline with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Familiarity with scientific instruments and general understanding of their functionality, and ability to communicate IT concepts to non-IT scientific staff.
- Strong technical acumen required; experience with information systems for laboratory operations including ELN (IDBS, CDD Vault), LIMS, and SDMS, using and/or maintaining validated systems, and use of cloud capabilities such as AWS a plus.
- Self-starter with strong task management and communication skills, able to operate effectively in Vir's dynamic, growing, and fast-paced environment.
- Preferred location near Vir office – San Francisco, CA; hybrid work accommodations acceptable with on-site presence at least 2 days per week.
Please mention the word **WHOLESOME** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok