Posted 29 Oct 2022, 7:10 pm
Senior Software Engineer Wallet & Web3 at Brave
Senior Software Engineer, Wallet & Web3 (core)
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a focus on cryptocurrency integrations with Brave. You'll work on our Brave Wallet and our Web3 initiatives. This is a high profile and impactful, hands-on position. Work together with our product designers, developers and privacy/security experts to help us take our Web3 products to the next level.
- Integrate new wallet APIs with C++ in the browser for our front-end team to use
- Develop web services using Golang that provide wallet clients with data
- Be up-to-date with upcoming protocol upgrades, BIPs, EIPs, etc.
- Be involved in investigating bugs around blockchain edge cases.
- 5+ years experience with application development.
- C++ development skills required.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and monitoring web APIs, especially using Golang.
- Good understanding of blockchain protocols (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, etc.), the DeFi ecosystem, and NFTs
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency wallet stack (mechanics, UX, etc.).
- Ability to pick up new code quickly and contribute on various projects
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams.
- Comfortable working in an open source setting.
- History of open source contributions.
- A passion for helping protect users' privacy and security.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven record of getting things done.
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
Please mention the word **FAVORITED** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok