Posted 28 Oct 2022, 4:31 pm
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Nomad Health Corporate
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst owns all the data creation, governance and analysis related to a Nomad Health business function. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst finds new opportunities to leverage data and improve efficiencies with in-depth data analysis.
Responsibilities/What You Will Do
- Evangelize a strong data culture through data governance, training, and insisting on data-driven business decisions.
- Define, own, and monitor team KRs (key results) and other metrics to ensure that the team’s performance is helping drive our company’s strategic goals. Investigate outlier performance and if bugs are identified, work with the Product and Engineering teams to resolve them.
- Advocate for proper data modeling and reporting practices, collaborating with technology teams to ensure that systems are architected correctly to ensure accurate and effective data collection. When requesting data related technology changes, you will clearly articulate what needs to be done and how to test the expected behaviors.
- Support internal self-service data reporting. Act as the go-to person for all data questions.
- This includes maintaining tools and implementing feature updates, ensuring high quality data, creating new data reporting models, and training Nomad Health staff.
- Gain a deep and almost authoritative knowledge of all Nomad’s data models, data flows and processes.
- Provide deep-dive analysis that cannot be completed from self-service reporting.
- Show a proven track record of identifying new business opportunities or insights through data analytics and advocating for initiatives to leverage these insights, resulting in improved business performance or function efficiencies.
- Mentor junior team members with technical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Effectively communicate both upwards to executives and cross functionally to understand data needs and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Be an effective data storyteller: identify the most impactful analysis topics, investigate using BI tools, synthesize this information into actionable insights, and explain all of this to different stakeholders across the company with varied data experience.
- Own your own workflow using Jira ticketing and prioritize potential projects from multiple customers to focus on the most impactful work.
Qualifications/ Skills - What You Will Need
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics and business intelligence.
- Self-directed problem solver and a data storyteller.
- Comfortable writing SQL. Ability to write window functions, CTEs, and other complex SQL logic.
- Ability to work with large data sets in Excel or another analysis software.
- Experience developing Looker dashboards and can write LookML.
- Experience working with event tracking tools and helped define events.
- Experience with Product Analytics tools (like Mixpanel, Amplitude) or Marketing Analytics tools (like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Familiarity with Python or R.
- Experience with Product Analytics
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Nomad Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please mention the word **SLAMMIN** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok