Posted 28 Oct 2022, 4:31 pm
Senior Software Engineer at Shift5
Shift5 is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll build and deploy high-impact features into Shift5’s product suite. Specifically, we’re working to convert an existing Python based solution to a micro-services approach using Golang. You’ll play a critical role in designing, building, and delivering the technology stack that:
- Serves the user’s digital touchpoints into the Shift5 product ecosystem
- Composes the middleware that drives the core engine of our solutions
- Sustains the backend components that source, analyze and enrich the vast amounts of Operation Technology-based data captured by our hardware platform
You’ll operate in a team based environment with engineers, product managers, program managers and designers to conceive, implement and shape major features. Engineers are key contributors in shaping this design process and you’ll be a major factor in generating high-impact products that literally save lives. This role resides in our Product Engineering team and reports directly to our Vice President, Engineering.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing cybersecurity company. We specialize in cybersecurity technology for operational systems, data collection, and insights for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels. Come join us.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Interpret requirements and design specifications to develop, debug, test and maintain software solutions deployed against a broad array of platforms, environments and cloud solutions
- Facilitate architectural designs that meet business requirements, security and quality standards
- Migrate existing Python based solutions into Golang based microservices
- Mentor and coach other team members and peers to continually improve
- Actively participate in our agile development processes, including the use of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and developments in the software engineering space
We're looking for someone who is/has:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ Years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Experience leading a team of software engineers and instilling best practices
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices and concepts
- Demonstrated experience with REST API’s, TDD, AWS, CI/CD, Docker, Google ProtoBufs, IaC, Kubernetes, Linux, MQTT, Sentry
- Prior experience with CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, SAE J1939, ASCB, ARINC 429 is extra helpful
- US Citizenship
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.
Please mention the word **TOUGHEST** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok